1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bringing In New Players?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Lady Morgan, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Lady Morgan

Lady Morgan Guest

My whole family plays UO so I grew up understanding the game. My Grandpa recently moved in with us and we want to get him involved. Does anyone have any suggestions for us about how to introduce him to the game? UO is really complex and we don't want to over whelm him. Is there a particular template that's good for beginners, anything that would help us introduce him to you? All advice is welcome!

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

For a beginner the most easy templete is the one i playing for years and stilll loves most.

Just a pure warrior.

100 Swords (or any other weapon skill)
    100 Tactics
    100 Parrying
    100 Resist
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    100 Archery

100 Str
    30 INT
    100 Dex

Like this you have close combat for normal monsters and ranged for harder ones. No complicated spells , healing self with bandages is easy to learn.

Very Simple. :)

3. Lady Morgan

Lady Morgan Guest

Thanks for the advice!

4. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Not to be agist or anything, but we old folks like to craft too. You might set him up with a carpenter or something similar.

Carpentry
    Bowcraft Fletching
    Tinkering
    Blacksmithing
    Tailor
    Mining
    Lumberjack

This one is completely non-combat, but it would really keep him busy and set up his next character with the equipment that he needs to be successful.

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Aye, thats how we started. One warrior and one crafter . :)

Can't go wrong to start with those . :)