1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Britain Library

Discussion in 'UHall' started by spoonyd, Jun 21, 2010.

1. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So tonight I turned in some deeds of colored wood thru a bag at the Brit Library. Unfortunately I was only given credit for ONE POINT per board even tho they were deeds of bloodwood/frostwood etc. Anyone else have this happen?

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You didn't happen to click the button next to the regular wood did you. I noticed the other day when I went to donate a commodity deed of heartwood that it had a number next to the regular boards and then when you went to the next page it also had the number next to the hearwood boards.

3. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL - Coding FAIL

With bugs like this it makes me wonder if they even test code 1 time.

4. Jhym

Jhym Guest

And did you send in a bug report?

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

With bugs like this I don't have much faith in their anti-cheat system. If they can't even make this work, how can we have faith in that their anti-cheat system won't collect the wrong data and ban the wrong people.

6. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I just sent one into uo.com. Hopefully they correct this asap.

7. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

There is no guarantees but the vast majority of us are willing to take that risk.

The library has been a train wreck from the beginning. I won't have any nice things to say about it until they changes the points/rewards.

8. Babble

Babble Guest

Sounds like working as intended. The game trusts you know what you are doing like we trust the coders.
    :p

9. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I still say that the Community Collections need the auto-detection of turn-in items like Treasures of Tokuno. Just change it so that you have to double-click the NPC to bring up the gump instead of it coming up when you walk within range.

It's just so simple. I have no idea why they haven't done it. I have no idea why it wasn't like that to begin with. Mindblowing.

10. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the heads up. As you know, Mike gave commodity deeds some love recently by allowing player to put more stuff into deeds. We thought we had checked every other system that that system would touch... obviously we missed something.

We'll get it fixed as soon as possible. In the mean time, be careful what you give to that npc!

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mark - the Collections that take boards have been lighting up both the correct board type AND the normal board button, ever since the early days of Mondain's Legacy. It was probably reported before, but it really wasn't that big an issue before the deed change (being minor, beforehand, and only affecting someone not bright enough to page to the right board color for the old-style donations).

It really needs to be fixed, given how that leads to issues with the deeds.

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You just don't give up do you? rolleyes:

13. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

wow
    You can tell I am behind on the times on this one! I didnt know we could now do C deeds for turn in!!!

Thank you for the heads up Mark_MYTHIC.

14. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Both buttons have lit up for years now with colored wood. I just turned in a lot of commodity deeds and they worked fine for me. You just have to make sure you're doing it right and chosing the right type of wood to be donated.