1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) Britain Town Hall

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Ludes, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The Britain Town Hall meeting was held this weekend by Lady Pandora..Governor of Britain.
    Many things were discussed... trade deals etc.. but an issue that is important to ALL the land also was discussed..
    Britain really should have a jail..
    As everyone knows the RBG has been actively recruiting now for some time.. both Town Regiments and the special Regiment being formed by The Crown..
    Back in the day it was totally acceptable if one found a criminal on his land he could have his kids "string this miscreant up on yon tree and get back to your chores"...
    Times have changed.. Now we are urged to bring said criminals up before the local "Law"...
    This policy is going to require the larger towns to build jails or remodel existing buildings into holding cells..
    How do the citizens feel about this? Do they want jails built in their downtown areas? And who's gonna pay for it? New taxes are always looked upon with ill favor.
    This is an issue I think every town is going to face sooner or later... Britain just hit the lucky draw and has to deal with it first..
    Guess the eyes of Sosaria will be watching how Britain deals with this sensitive issue..

Pandora_CoD likes this.
  2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

As discussed in the governors forum I again vote no. There are already jail cells in the dungeon under the castle. There is no reason to disrupt the Ultima Lore any more than some people already have.

3. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Lock them up in Trinsic or Yew. They are already set up for such near do wells.

Flutter and Ludes like this.
  4. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I vote for public executions :)

I have an axe if that helps :)

5. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

In Moonglow we just feed the prisoners to the animals in the Zoo.

Norrar likes this.
  6. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

FYI no one can access the cells in the Britannia Prison of Yew. They are all locked out to us and we cannot use them.

Trinsic, is a big enough city to have its own jail and there are other cities with jails, so the Capital of the Kingdom should have one as well. A small jail for Britain is happening... we've already discussed it and the majority of the votes from citizens was AYE to a rework of an existing building for this purpose. A separate independent construction of a building was in fact VETO'd and most that did so also agreed that a small set of holding cells for the city is a great addition.

Loren and Ludes like this.
  7. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

As previously stated in other forums, the cells of Blackthorn's Dungeons are not to put prisoners in, they are to hold monsters, hence it being a dungeon.

I have read through every piece of history for Britain on Stratics, which has the most complete set of histories for the cities, and there is no reference to a specific reason to why Britain does not have a jail yet is the central point for one of the most consistent law enforcement organizations in all of UO across all shards --- The Royal Britannian Guard --- created by Lord British himself. And lore is meant to be expanded upon, added to, and grown off of ... its an ever breathing living thing. It should not stay static.

If we were keeping to lore ... Purple Guardians of Honor, Guardians of Light, and Knights of Yew would have never received their protectorate statuses over the three cities they did and that's something that has ENHANCED the players of this shard, specifically this shard, throughout many many years. Its not something I regret as a player... it was an addition to the lore made specifically for us on Catskills by Richard Garriott. That's fantastic!!! And Mesanna continues to add to our lore like that by adding small things with her EM program, in case you have not seen Commander Olivia Kanlocke's office in Castle British, that builds on our lore. I for one love the idea of an ever growing and changing environment.

8. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Plus you know... The people who have spoken against it aren't even citizens of Britain. So, why be against it if it does not even affect you?

9. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

I don't mind folks from all towns chiming in. But votes are for BRITAIN citizens only! I provide a Town Hall every two weeks for anyone to come and voice concerns, suggestions, etc. ALL are welcomed, but only Britain Citizens' votes count for me.

Ludes likes this.
  10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Sosaria isn't really a democracy anyway so the "voting" point is moot.

11. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

The very definition of dungeon is
    For further investigation and to perhaps enhance your roleplay, here is some information on dungeons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What kind of " -ocracy" is it? Hmmm?

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Hi handsome. It's not an ocracy at all it's a "hierarchy"

kelmo likes this.
  14. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Last time I went there, there were no Golden Earth Elementals in the dungeons of Alcatraz. Correct me if I am wrong? And if I am wrong..... PICS or it didn't happen!!!! ;)