1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Ships] Britannia Galleon decay?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Botak, May 7, 2013.

1. Botak

Botak Visitor

Can Britannia Galleon decay like normal ships? I can't find this information on the website. Just to be sure in case I forgot to refresh it.

Thanks

#1 Botak, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes they do, I personally never leave mine in the water. Dry dock is your friend :)

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unfortunately yes, and I think that for an in game item that players can purchase with real money, this is not a good thing for the game.

Personally, I'd much prefer that upon decaying the Britannian ship, rather than simply vanishing althougether, would transform back into "deed form" and be placed into the Bank Box of the Character that owns it.

The hold's content would be lost (would get deleted during the process of changing the Ship into "deed form") but at least the player who bought it with real money would not loose it because it vanished totally....
    Also, this would still ensure that the Sea Lanes would not be annoyed by a number of non decaying large ships.

old gypsy likes this.
  4. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I like the idea, but what would happen if, by some nasty quirk of fate, your bank box just happened to be full?

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, I guess the same as it happens with Holiday items. If the bank box is already at full capacity, the holiday items can exceed that limit. the player can only take items out of the bank box but not put in untill the limit has been met again.

That is, as I see how it should work, the ship deed would not get lost, it would still be stored by the bank box in excess of the limit.

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

That would work... I agree that the new expensive galleons should not decay and disappear...