1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Britannia/Lost Lands Cloth Map

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Emage, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Emage

Emage Guest

Until recently I owned a cloth map of Britannia and the lost lands. It came with one of the early expansions for UO, I can't remember which one though. Anyway, I had it hanging up on the wall and took it down along with everything else to paint. Then my boyfriends stupid dog got it and chewed it up. So he said he would replace it for me, but since it has been so long since this map was made, is there some where I can still buy one? Does anyone even have an idea what this map was worth? Thanks.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have the cloth map it came with the T2a expansion I think !! might try ebay

3. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

ebay is your only chance

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there is one on ebay right now

5. Hmm....I never got a cloth map with my T2A expansion. It was a crappy piece of plasticized paper. I was very upset about that. I still have my original map and pewter pin though.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I got one of those cloth maps, another Sosaria-only cloth map with all the locations written in Ultima runic, and one of the gray plastic Blackthorns as freebies from the EA booth at Gen Con a long while back (the same Gen Con where I put into motion the destruction of Haven).

7. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have 2 of them. One was signed by 19 DEVs at Texas Renaissance Festival back in 99 or 2000 I got mine at the meet up there. This was back when Origin was based in Austin and the DEVs used to hang out with the players. If I can find my blank one that is not signed I will happily give it to you. PM me and remind me to look for it this weekend.

8. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

I have a cloth map with the original UO box, the T2A paper/cardboardy one, a few cloth maps from the UO store and then the paper ones with other expansions.

Did T2A ever have a cloth one? I want :(

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

All I have is an AoS poster that's signed by a bunch of DEV's at the time and one signed by the artist... which is really neat.

All my maps are just paper. I used to have them hanging on the walls in my computer room.

I miss when Prima put out guidebooks for UO. Those were the best... I still use mine sometimes.

10. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

The "Dragon Pack" or whatever it was that had all the games in it has a cloth map of Sosaria only ... and some tarot cards plus some more stuff.

11. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The cloth map of both Tram/Fel and the Lost Lands together was from a limited run UO store promotion sometime after LBR where you could order one for a dollar as a UO subscriber (and only one per person if I remember right). I got mine of that one then. Only things I don't like about it are that it feels kinda cheap (thin silkscreened cloth rather than something sturdier like the old cloth maps) and that the tags are all in english (they used the maps from UO3D for it).

Only cloth ones I have are that and the original UO one, and the one for Ultima 6.

12. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I have a cloth map mounted on the wall directly behind my computer screen

13. TMC Crowley

TMC Crowley Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's where i got my 2 cloth maps.

14. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Me three! - I got my cloth map from the original box/pre-order... along with a pewter pin.

15. I'm pretty sure one came with Renaissance too. I know I got one with my copy...

16. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

I have my cloth maps from Ultima IV, V, VI, VII, VII serpent isle....... never got one with UO. Same landmass though

17. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

18. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I don't have a full collection by any stretch, but I do have maps for Ultima 2, 5, 6, 7, 7.5, 8, 9 and UO. Most of them are cloth, but not all. :(

I resist buying them on eBay. It makes finding them in thrift stores or flea markets that much more exciting...

[​IMG]

19. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I was at that one as well, but I don't remember any Renaissance Festival, this was just a Town Hall in Austin. My wife won one of the autographed maps for having the newest account. I have it around here somewhere.

20. Rakoth

Rakoth Guest

You sir, are a pip.

Just peering at that shot makes me all :( for the maps I..may or may not have anymore, depending on whether the family holding my stuff pawned it off/threw it away or not.

Grumblegrumble, wish I still had my Ultima paraphernalia...

21. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

Most Impressive!

22. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

23. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No my pirate friend. This is not about orientation, this is about UO bling. Nothing says, "I was there" like an original cloth map. I used to have one, but unfortunately it got tossed at some point. I do however have more than one of those much reviled LBR figurines. I'd trade one of those for a cloth map in a heartbeat... :)

24. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Care to indicate the source of each of the maps in the pic?

I see
    Ultima VII Part 2 (top 2)
    Ultima VI / ??? / ??? (early UO map?) / As the early UO map, but is Map Book that came with one of the UO Anniversary editions?
    Ultima V / ??? / Ultima VII (part 1)
    Ultima II

25. Emage

Emage Guest

Thank you all for your replies. I found the auction on ebay you guys mentioned, but I have never bought anything there before and don't know if I can trust random people selling their stuff or not. I was hoping for some kind of UO online store or something.

26. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

[​IMG]

27. Emage

Emage Guest

I like my monkey better, he is much cuter than yours.

28. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I would put them in uv protective frames and wall mount them, call me crazy.

29. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

the developers would go to the yearly renaissance fair in Plantersville each year, it was a great place where players could meet bull**** and drink with them, ahhh the good times.

30. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well that's what the seller ratings are for on eBay. Those are usually pretty reliable. Now if your seller is a first time seller, you are taking more of a chance.

31. TMC Crowley

TMC Crowley Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

omg i forgot about the uo pin i looked in my desk in the back it was there :)

32. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

Sure wish I knew where mine was... would make a great tie-tack!

33. jbear0000

jbear0000 Guest

That may have been my auction you guys were talking about. It just ended yesterday, but didn't sell. After it ended someone made me an offer for it. Does anyone know what that map is worth? It is this one here: [​IMG]

34. Basara

That's one of the two I got at Gen Con from the devs. If I had to guess I'd say it had to be from either The Second Age or Rennaisance (no reference to Ilshenar or Trammel).

The other was the top of the two center maps I couldn't identify in the pic of that one collection. Anyone know where either is from?

35. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

funny cause it's pretty much priceless to us, yet worthless to everyone else =p

gotta love it. As for a guess on a price? sorry, dunno what I'd even pay for one =(

heh, one totally useless post from Derium here!

36. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

Whats the map on the far right below the top 2? And which one is the one below that one?

37. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

I "believe" that is the original cloth map from the launch of UO. I can't see it well enough, but it looks like the one I have. I only have one cloth and the rest are paper.

38. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

I have a couple of cloth ultima maps and a moonstone which I believe came with ultima 5.

39. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

An Orb of the Moons came with 6. You sure it isn't that?