1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Britian citizens which trade deal?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by The Writer, Jun 16, 2014.

1. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

So obviously by reading the title of this thread this is for britian's trade deal. As many of you know a trade deal has not been in effect for quite some time in britian. The Governor of Britian would like to begin implementing a trade deal. That being said, Phantroneous Cat wishes to know what "we" the citizen's of britian want as our trade deal. We currently hold 8 million in our town for use towards the trade deal and other such goodies. So now please list off a Trade deal you would like to see implemented and if you can think of two perhaps it could be put to a vote at the stone, which leads me to remind each citizen that a ballot box has been placed. It asks us the simple question of whether or not Britian Banners would be a suitable reward for "small" events. So please take a few seconds to make that vote.

Thank you for your time.

IanJames likes this.
  2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

I'd like to thank you for posing the question. I hope citizens respond.

One of my characters was a citizen of Britain but recently resigned as nothing was happening with trade deals. So it looks like I'll have to change back as it appears Phantroneous is going to be involved. With that I'll also be making donations when I can to help fund the deals.
    Being a Witch I'd like to see Spell Damage Increase as an option of course. Hopefully more will voice their opinions.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

AW

startle likes this.
  3. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Hi! I was just wondering if you were Phantroneous Cat, or just creating the thread for him. I think its nice that you are doing this for him, if you are not him :)

4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Until we know who YOU are, please stop saying words like "we, and our", ok The Writer ?

Thanks

5. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

The words "We" and "Our" or "Us" would apply to all who are or would be citizen's of britian and to that aspect I don't see how knowing which such citizen I am has anything to do with the topic you quoted.

Thank you amber for your feedback.

startle, kelmo and Sprago like this.
  6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Sprago liked it, so I know now...nevermind.

7. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

So, since sprago liked this post and kelmo liked it. You automatically assume now you know who I am. Please enlighten us? Because if I'm not mistaken I'm fairly certain that I haven't told anyone who this forum account belongs to.

8. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

Could we by chance get back to the reason this thread was created. "Which trade deal would you like to see implemented in Britian?"

startle, Troop and kelmo like this.
  9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I like that idea even better.

startle likes this.
  10. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

Ah, Kelmo what trade deal do you think is best?
    Might as well open this thread to idea's from all which honestly I had hoped people would share anyways.
    So to all citizen's not just of britian or any of the main towns but to all of siege.

The long list of trade deals stand thus: As quoted by UoGuide

Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
    • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists
    • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting
    • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus
    • Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus
    • Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
    • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration
    • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus
    • League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus
    • Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
    • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase

Which one would you all like to see?

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I really wish I knew.

12. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Bardic (+1 Faster Casting) is clearly the biggest bang for the buck. It alone makes up 50% of the possible FC cap for a mage and 25% of the FC cap for other casters. Every other property is a much smaller portion of the item cap.

There, now that that's settled...

I bet The Writer is actually GarthGrey.

GarthGrey is obviously an anagram for "Try Gag Her", suggesting a deeply- seated inability to verbalize thoughts and emotions. Thus, the creation of this alternate personality with a pseudonym specifically designed to convey a form of communication.

This facade of malevolence and discord is merely a ruse to keep you all off the trail.

It's like none of you even see in five dimensions.

The Writer likes this.
  13. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

That is very amusing, Made me laugh quite a bit but alas as interesting as that theory is about Garth being "The Writer" I have to say it is false. You don't have to take my word for it. But still amusing none the less.

As for your choice of Trade deal, I too find that may be the best "bang per buck" so to speak. However, There are indeed other options. I know some people run mages, others dexxers so honestly It would depend on who chimes in. Perchance, people chose the 5 ssi that is being run currently in NM I believe it is, that also seems to be a valid option. So I'd like to keep this thread open for more opinions of course.

14. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would like Governors to post as them self as it feels wrong to have a Governor, who is not present on this forum but that's my opinion :)

Rosalia don't really care what trade deal as she is a crafter. Sure as scriber, mana would be nice but she do not work that often so she will let others choose.

15. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Me thinks the idea of alternating between 5ssi and 1fc is quite brilliant for dexxers. One week you can have your 5 ssi which makes suit and weapon building easier, the other week you could run an archery, throwing , 2 hand weapon or bushido/parry guy with 4 fc chiv, which is also a nice option on siege. Really thinking about switching towns for that because both is interesting for me.

Agra-Lem

Amber Witch and Kattasrophe like this.
  16. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Thank you Agra-Lem although I never thought of it that way, I was just trying to be fair twards the mages and dexxers.

17. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting

18. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

"Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting" this in my opinion is by far the best way to go but i always run as a mage in one for or another btu this doesnt help a dexer much

19. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ok, I see some friends here, so I'm gonna voice my thoughts...

Since I've been here, Hoffs has always run the +1 FC deal - so no need to duplicate what I can get for any char already.
    Morgan always runs the +5 SSI deal - so that's always there as well for those who want that.
    So, for me at least, that leaves only the +5 HCI as anything really worth much to me, and I'm not sure if any town is running that one...

So, let the discussion continue......... ;)

20. startle

It in no way feel's "wrong" to me, for us to discuss this. However, I do agree with my friend Freja, in that we should all encourage our Governors to either join this discussion - or - as Phant seems to have done here, have an authorized (easily done in chat) person speak for them....

I know, I know - why an authorized person and not the Gov him/herself? Well, as we all know, there's a myriad of reasons why many people don't want their ingame identity revealed - and that's their right, especially here in the close-knit community that Siege is. I have no problem with a Gov authorizing a specific person to speak their words here... I will seek out Phantroneous ingame and confirm whether or not The Writer has the authority to speak for him.

#20 startle, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  21. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

• Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase (main use I think PVM)
    • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting ( Mages and Other Spellcasting types)
    • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration (Pretty much everyone)
    • Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase (Any type of fighter could benefit from this)
    • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase (Fighter type as well)
    So from everything I've been told both in game and out, this above appears to be the main choices among citizen's so far. I will continue to try and get a hold of more citizen's to make help assist in making this decision.

22. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

I agree with this why not do the +5hci nobody else utilizes that trade deal so why not start here

23. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

5 ssi or 1 fc are really the only trade deals worth paying for on siege. All of the others give so little benefit , they dont really make a difference except on completly maxxed out trammie suits and templates. Its probably better to let the gold sit on the town fundus and wait for the devs to change something than to waste it on the minor buffs.
    That list of buffs must come either from a dev that got absolutly no clue about game mechanics or it got created in a very big hurry.
    Str, dex, int buff are way to small.
    5 sdi may sound useful for pvp'ers wanting to reach cap, but fc seems like better choice here.
    2 mr or 2 hpr, nice to have but to little imho.
    5 hci, not really bad on siege, but templates that may need it are better of with 5 ssi ( wrestlers being the only exception imho ). Its also very cheap to reforge on armor, especially plate.
    +1 to each resist could help a bit with suit building and free up an imbuing slot if you have no use for any of the bigger buffs.
    5 % bandage healing, this is 2-3 hp per bandage, what i dont know if it also works for vet and stacks with the +15% from asclepius.

In comparison to these, there are countless templates and suits that do benefit from 1fc since there is only a limited amount of items that can have fc as a property.

For those people that do not really understand why 5 ssi is so useful for dexxers, a very short and simplified explanation. The reason is how the formula behind swing speed calculation works. If you know all that , please ignore what follows.
    Dexxers want to swing weapons at maximum swingspeed which is 1.25 sec. Swingspeed depends on weapon speed, ssi and stamina , stamina in increments of 30.
    There are 2 simple scenarios why 5 ssi is worth so much.
    1. Putting only 5 ssi on every common weapon reduces its stamina requirement by 30. Thats worth either 4 imbuing slots or not needing ssi on the weapon.
    2. 30 ssi is the maximum one can imbue, however the next breakpoint that will save us 30 stamina is 35ssi for a lot of weapons , exception are the ones slower than 3.5 sec , numbers may get different then.
    3. Having less ssi on a weapon does also mean values for mana leech and life leech go higher.

Obsidian likes this.
  24. The Writer

The Writer Visitor

Looks like the hci +5% is getting a lot of attention, let me try to poll some more people before I hand the results to the Governer.

25. startle

I simply see no good reason for cities to duplicate any trade buff. Since Hoffs virtually always runs FC1 and Morgan always runs +5 SSI, what good does it do for another city to run either of those? City loyalty?
    I'd rather have Brit or some other city run the +5 HCI so I could play around with that buff some.... Just my opinion....

#25 startle, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    kelmo likes this.
  26. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I agree with Klapauc. Either 5 SSI or 1 FC. The rest of the deals are not worth the cost to maintain.

-OBSIDIAN-