1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Brittle and bows

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fridgster, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. How does brittle work on a bow? Does it only lose durability if you are attacked at melee or does it lose durability whenever used?

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Like all the weapons. Every shot you have a chance to lose durability.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Thanks Pinco, I think I've had the wrong definition of Brittle. Seems a little extreme, imo. What with the acid effect of some new Shame mobs, a few whirlwinds in a crowd could spell the end of that weapon.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it's not 100% chance to lose durability, but it could be something like 20-30% chance at every hit...

5. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Given the RNG, that basically works out to a streak of 100% chance every hit until the weapon is destroyed, then an irrelevant streak of 0% after that.

6. I honestly think it would benefit the game if ALL items were Brittle or Non-Repairable, 100% chance to lose durability each shot or hit, but started with something like 5,000 or 10,000 durability. We would see people using a lot more of looted weapons/armor and crafting more often.

Items used in combat should not last forever.

7. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

With all the work and resources required to make decent gear and weapons, i would be pretty P'd off if i lost my armor/weapons and had to start all over again.

8. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Especially on a LOW population server.

9. Conrad

Conrad Guest

"Items used in combat should not last forever."

I picked up a really nice Viking Sword of the Vampire that had splintering weapon 20%. It literally went from 160 Durability to 3/160 in three swings, the last swing being a splintering hit. Garbage in less then 20 seconds. And it didn't even come close to killing the Stone Golem I hit with it. As is, I had to re-equip another weapon to finish it off.

Although it was a nice 3 swings, at this rate of weapon destruction, there is no point in even picking the thing up, let alone wielding. Not good for much other then melting it down for the relic fragment.:stir:

Even if it WAS repairable, 20 seconds of swing time does not a useful weapon make....Last Forever? An hour would be nice.