1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Mob A.I.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Llewen, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I just noticed this morning after not spending any time farming bane dragons for a few days (not since the last publish I don't think), that the a.i. for the red hell hounds that spawn around the bane dragon in The Abyss is broken. Basically they won't attack you unless you attack them.

It reminds me of the way The Baracoon champion is extremely non-aggressive (I don't know about the other champs). This might be indicative of a larger problem with the a.i. code. If it is intentional please rethink the decision, the game is already easy enough without filling up what should be challenging pvm locations with training dummies.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

they attack my necro (negative to bane... heck, she's negative to just about everything rolleyes:) all she's gotta do is walk into the area

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Maybe that's it. My tamer is still positive to the Bane. Maybe that's why they aren't attacking him. But I know it wasn't like that before pub 67. I'm talking about the hell hounds in The Abyss here (edited the OP to make that clear).

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

So, it's actually a step forwards in AI. I hope they keep making these steps.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's as it should have been from the start no?

6. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Well, maybe yes, and maybe no. As I see it the hell hounds are protectors of the bane dragons, so if you attack a bane dragon, they should attack you, regardless of your loyalties. Of course you should also not be able to lead them away.

Anyway, as long as it isn't bugged a.i. like the Baracoon, then I have no problem with it.