1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken monitor

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by SUPRsalad, Aug 5, 2009.

1. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

my monitor finally fried. It WAS a dell 17'' lcd. worked good for a long time then it just started going black a few weeks ago. I could temporarily fix it by changing my refresh rate, but alas, its finally dead. Anyone else have that problem? My guess is its the capacitors, and there is no real fix.
    Guess ill go get another tomorrow.. *grumble*

(ps, this was typed on my wife's machine)
  2. Velandra

Velandra Guest

no idea..

I begrudgingly went and bought a new laptop today (yeah yeah, I play UO on a laptop, I hate sitting at a desk) because the darn thing was missing "s", "k", "n" and left shift.. and shutting off because it was overheating..
  3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Had that happen earlier this year... kind of a god send because I got a cheaper bigger monitor out of the deal:thumbsup:
  4. Hey Gemma,

I use to play UO on a desktop up until my own Dell 19 inch died on me! (um the rest of my pc died eventually as well later...) I had that monitor for nearly 4 years tho I think. Not sure how old urs is. I now play on a laptop with a hook up to a larger external LCD monitor. I'm kinda worried about the lappys monitor burning out on me somehow...

Velandra, you could get one of those stands that elevate ur lappy on a desk. Mine doesn't overheat anymore thx to the stand that I got. :) (A good friend saw my issue in overheating and gave me his extra stand.) It might save u a lot of frustration if u get one now than later ...

5. morgawr68

morgawr68 Guest

i bought a chill mat for my laptop, works great never gets hot anymore
  6. Velandra

Velandra Guest

I have a chill mat, my poor laptop was just overworked.

I am soooo pleased with the new one.. quad core processor (whatever the eff that is - everything is soooo fast) and a really nice graphics card, omg - no more cr ashing no matter w hat I'm doing (so far)
  7. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

cool. can we duel?
  8. Velandra

Velandra Guest

you mean, can you kill me?

sure :)
  9. morgawr68

morgawr68 Guest

i havent heard any good reviews on the quads yet. only bad ones
  10. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

same here. its a lot of money for functionality that you probably don't know how to use.

Anyways, I just got a new 17'' hd monitor (w/speakers ill probably not use) for 25$ (with a trade in of the old dell 17" that fried) awesome company that sells REALLY cheap decent pcs. for example, they've got a dell p4 3.26ghz w/ 2gig ram 80 gig hd with a combo drive for $175. Several other decent machines at even lower prices.. They'll ship anywhere us at your cost.

PM me if you want the info. these guys are seriously awesome
  11. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Were you typing the word "skank" a lot? Possibly to some fellow PAc players? :p
  12. Velandra

Velandra Guest

lol, no, but that was quite funny.