1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Ships] Broken Recall Boat Runes

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Veldrane, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So I bought one of the High Seas boats and have been having a blast with it, but today I logged in and placed my boat in the water and went happily on my way to fishing up some MiB's. It was only after I recalled off my boat in the middle of the ocean that I noticed the recall runes weren't the blue that they used to be and instead were uncolored and they wouldn't let me recall off them back to my boat.

I've tried dry docking the boat (after I had a friend sail me back out to it) and relaunching it, but no new runes, nor did the old ones "fix themselves". In what I'm not thinking may have been a huge mistake I discarded the runes and tried relaunching the boat - still no fix.

I've looked around the forums and didn't see anyone discussing this issue - only the one where the fishmonger can't see the boat hold. Did I break my boat or is there a fix for this?

2. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Never mind, I figured it out - picked up a new rune from the harbor master

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

If you have magery you can mark runes on your boat as well.

4. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I thought I had tried that and it didn't work. I might be mistaken though, I'll try it again.

From what I was reading it appears that the runes break if you store the ship in a secure container or bank box. Not sure if that's true, but since I've had the ship dry docked and store in a characters backpack it hasn't happened again.