1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS Buc's Den in official recognition shocker

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Alcor, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Alcor

Alcor Adventurer

What was shaping up to be a fairly routine meeting of the King's Council in Serpent's Hold turned into a shocking one after the people of Buccaneer's Den apparently ended their decades of lawlessness and rejection of the Crown and petitioned for a seat on the Council.

In an address to the assembly, Marcus Rotgut, representative of the people of Buc's, said that the support (such that there was) from Britannia's citizens during the recent spider attacks had left a debt of gratitude that needed to be repaid and, in consultation with the town elders, they had decided to seek proper admission to the King's realm.

“For ages now, Buccaneer's Den has been a lawless city of those who chose to live outside of the Kingdom. We now recognize that our isolation deprives us of the protection that we need and also deprives the crown and citizens of Britannia of our skills and knowledge. We have therefore decided that it is time for us to give up our isolation and join with the people of the Kingdom and to become true citizens of Britannia and loyal servants of the Crown.”

Rotgut went on to say that his town would swear an oath of fealty in return for a seat on the Council so that they may be fairly represented in deliberations on the realm.

Initial reaction to the request was somewhat muted, with may governors apparently being too stunned to offer much opinion, although Hoffs, Kelmo and Morgan Ironfist all displayed some degree of suspicion towards the application. The others were more amenable, though, with Victim and York being most enthusiastic at the prospect. “Mages were once disliked too,” ventured the Moonglow governor, “However, a second chance by the Crown has shown it to be a fruitful relationship ever since.”

There was quite a vocal reaction from some members of the gallery, but mostly on the side of caution. “It's a trap,” shouted Luka Melehan, a descendant of the famous naval lord, Ackbar.

After much further deliberation, it was suggested that there should be some kind of trial period both to access the town's commitment and to ensure that Rotgut was speaking for the majority of its citizens. In the end, it was left to King Blackthorn to give an official response, “Understand that ancient enmity will not heal overnight. Though you may be accepted to the Council, individual members will still have concerns and may possibly resent your addition. Are you prepared to be patient and work with them regardless?”

“...we will abide by your wisdom,” responded Rotgut.

“Then we shall accept this offer on a short-term trial basis,” announced the king, “We shall remain wary and watchful while the citizens of Buccaneer's Den work to prove their benefit to the realm. We shall reserve a final opinion to be based on the mutual benefits we all seek. Let it be noted that as of today, Lord Rotgut is installed as governor of the city of Buccaneer's Den.”

#1 Alcor, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    RueTor, Barania and Victim of Siege like this.
  2. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I'm having difficulty accepting pleasantry's from someone named Rotgut...

3. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

A person cannot be held responsible for their Parentage Startle, only for their actions.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Ya know what they say about apples and trees... *shrugs*

5. Victim of Siege

but who was it that sat in the Kings lap again? :p

Blaeke likes this.
  6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I do not recall the incident you speak of.

7. Victim of Siege

8. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I remember hearing someone singing "Santa Baby" while sitting on the King's lap... or was that the delicious booze singing?

Thanks for providing us with the yummy beverages, Luka! :pint:

9. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Props to the citizens of Bucs Den. On a side note, I have always been curious as to why Occlo is not recognized as an official city. It's a real town and folks can build houses there or at least they could at one point in time...I haven't run there much lately except in downtown.

Jack Nickelson

10. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

"...“It's a trap,” shouted Luka Melehan, a descendant of the famous naval lord, Ackbar..."
    I had to leave the meeting earlier for personal reasons (savages were attempting to burn down my Jhelom house), so I missed this portion of the meeting. I was able to obtain some recorded footage from the council meeting from two different unnamed sources in the gallery. As I cannot verify the sources of the footage, so I will probably never know which one is real.

On another topic, I would recommend that Rum should not be provided to Kelmo at the meetings. Aside from the "Santa" incident and the short term memory loss, the governor's newly formed sewing group may run into legal issues. Please refer to the Trademark Dispute section of the article linked below. I think the governor's city has enough issues without draining it's gold on fighting a new issue with the tailor's union. Just my two gold coins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stitch_'n_Bitch

Rue Tor

11. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

[​IMG]

kelmo, Victim of Siege and Blaeke like this.