1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bug in the EC client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mspossi, May 14, 2013.

1. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hello !
    In the last days, I going some interesting bugs, in the Ec client; for exemple:

Ec macro does not work.
    Character walking without moving.
    Gargoyle char who flies and goes nowhere.
    Have to wait more than 10 minutes to change of the char.
    Character running in slow motion.:shots:

2. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have not experienced these issues.. They all sound like they could be symptoms of some abnormal lag. Perhaps your ISP is having a bad week.

mspossi likes this.
  3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

explain a little more

which macro?
    looks like hes walking? or
    flapping in place - not a bug just hovering
    10 minutes for your computer to register and clear caches and stuff ??

running in slow motion ??? makes no sense???

4. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Sounds like your client and the game server got out of sync due to lag. Once the client and server get out of sync, your character looks like it is walking, but you can't move, and macros mis-fire. I got this a lot last fall and winter before the servers were moved to the cloud.

The lag may be caused by: A) UO servers - not likely with the new servers; B) Your ISP - very possible but you can't do much about this; C) Your computer.

I found that a lot of lag was caused by my computer - all the Windows programs trying to update when I was playing UO. You can manually try shutting off each program and stopping them from updating, but it's a pain and you might miss a security update if you forget to turn it back on. Windows, Firefox and Adobe programs fall into this category.

There is a free program called Razer Game Booster that will turn off updates and unloads programs from memory when you start a game, and then restarts everything for you when you quit the game. This program does not intercept game packets or do anything else, and is completely legal. It does have a similar sounding name to other not-legal programs, but this program is not in anyway related to those. It will find most games on your computer automatically, but I had to add UO manually (easy to do). Try it, it may help, and if it doesn't help, just remove it.

Here is the download link: http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

mspossi likes this.
  5. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

These are the macros own client EC, I need to inform you that uoassit, and others do not work on my system. :)
    and I use the Windown 8, 64

6. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Our of sync (totally close down client and restart) or lag. Not really bugs. Those same things happen to most of us at one point or another and is usually due to lag.

mspossi likes this.
  7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Since when has UOAssist not worked in Windows 8 64-bit? Must be just something with your system.

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong I can believe you if you say it doesn't work on your system, but I don't want people getting the impression it won't work on any Win 8 installation.

mspossi likes this.
  8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What exactly are the macros you are having problems with?

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Uoassist will not work with EC it will work with CC, And I also have had them running on win 8,again not saying you are not having problem

#9 Storm, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    mspossi likes this.
  10. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

humm, well i can see that you are using the classic client, and i use the EC, or maybe i need more information's, or maybe i need one copy of the uoassist full.
    I'm using a copy of the statement; :)

11. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

rig/unrig and health :(

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Ok first just to be clear UOASSIST will NOT work with EC,

Parnoc and mspossi like this.
  13. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Yea Like Storm has said UOAssist doesn't work at all with the EC regardless of what OS you are on, I was wondering if you were saying you that you use the EC because UOAssist won't run on your Win 8 install with the Classic Client.

14. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I use a EC, and my system are windown 8, 64; i do no like of a classic client, and i hate your graphical in 2D

#14 mspossi, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013