1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bug on sewing ? Color changes to default when made

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sweety, May 11, 2011.

1. Sweety

Sweety Guest

Was making clothing with some fancy cloth, and it came out default grey. I tried different cloth and same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else or is a new bug? (havent played in a while so im not up-to-date)

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Make sure you have the setting on your tool to color the item.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

colour setting is for leather Flutter, that wouldn't help.

Was the coloured cloth used up?

4. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I thought I read at one point that it affected cloth, too.

Le edit: It does affect cloth, too, which is a little misleading, what with it being in the "leather selection" part of the UI.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I did some experimenting with this on Siege this morning and had no problems with making items out of BoD reward cloth. They all came out the intended color. I experimented with making them out of cloth that had already been "combined" so it was folded down into neater looking piles of cloth, versus cloth that's laid out flat and still shows cut marks from unraveling something and cloth freshly obtained from the tailor. I experimented with both older cloth acquired before today and with a fresh pile obtained just this morning. I also tried all variations of the Mark Item option and the Quest Item option, as well as changed the leather coloring option. Everything came out the reward cloth color (mostly hats, but a few robes, half aprons, and gargish kilts).

The only time I got a "gray" item was when I had the "do not color" option checked. Everything was still fine after I changed that option back to the default, as well.

Can't think of anything else to monkey with on the tailoring gump or the cloth itself.

What items were you making and are you sure you didn't have the "do not color" option checked?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

hmm, something I've learned. I didn't realise 'do not color' applied to cloth.

7. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nope, incorrect.

Color setting affects cloth as well. Go try it.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Me too! thanks y'all.

So, Default = use the color? guess I just been lucky