1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

bug? or new feature?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i opened a locked down crafted box in my house and said I wish to unlock this or whatever the text is and clicked on a locked down item in the locked down chest. it gave a message saying it could not unlock down the item because it was in a container.
    I had to unlock down the whole chest to get my item and then relock down my chest.

Lorddog

2. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

I experienced the same thing today. I think I saw someone post a question about this on UHall, but I didn't read into it. I don't know the answer to your question.

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Are you locking down or securing the chest? If you lock it down, everything inside is locked down. If you secure it, you can remove items inside. What am I missing here?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

it's an exploit fix. Once again we all have to suffer because someone found a way to exploit the locked down, not secured. container to gain infinite storage.

We used to use boxes set like that so that we could let people view the contents but not remove things from them.

I only learned of the exploit after this publish went live and it was fixed, but if anyone wishes to know how it worked, now that it doesn't, I'll answer a pm.

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

Kat,

It wont allow you to unlock down an item while inside a locked down container.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

that is correct.
    In the past you locked down the container, everything in it was locked down, but you could open the container and unlock the individual items. Now it won't let you unlock the items, you have to unlock the container.
    This is a change in publish 54 to fix an exploit of these containers which was allowing people to have infinite lockdowns. It was explained to me after the fix. (lets face it, no one would tell me about an exploit before it was fixed, they know I'd only go and report it :D )