1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

BUG- pack pet deaths

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Beastmaster, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

If your bonded pack animal dies and it's pack is not empty, the NPC vets will not res it. They will tell you the pet's spirit lacks cohesion, try again in a few minutes. They will never res it. When a player resses the pet, the pack will be empty.

This is in Trammel and does not involve any logouts.

2. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I saw another thread which claims there is a 10 minute wait required, so I went and found the publish notes. No mention of a timer there on NPC resses.

3. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

on the res of your pet, try the command <name> drop.

your pet should drop what was in its loot bag when tamed.

unless your pet drops something than it shouldn't have had anything in its pack to begin with.

4. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Looking at your chart, why does my fire beetle cost 11,776gp to rez? I don't understand the percentages.

5. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Taming requirement for fire beetle is just under 94, So 11k seems about right.

6. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

reread first post...this was a pack animal, llama specifically. It had 1600 leather in it at the time.

7. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Did you loot the leather off the corpse?

8. lols

lols Guest

That is because, like when you die, any items in your animal's pack will be on their corpse when they die.

9. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

There was no corpse. Something else I noticed that was weird, and it may always be like this and I may have never noticed before. The ghost of the pet showed a weight of 10 stones instead of the normal 13 stones. Coincidence that a backpack weighs 3 stones??

Hmm. Maybe the lack of corpse is the reason for the continued lack of cohesion messages from the vets.

10. law696

law696 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

How can there not be a corpse? Or did it just take so long to get back that the corpse had decayed

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There's always a corpse. It probably just decayed. And the dead pets weight will be 10 stones till you rez it and open the backpack.

12. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

This does not bring back whatever your pet was carrying. If a pack animal, EG pack horse, pack llama, or giant beetle have anything in their backpack, this will appear on their corpse.

What annoys me a lot is that my pack animal's corpse will vanish long before my own corpse does, and I lose whatever it was carrying in it's backpack.

I would therefore like to make a request of the EA/Mythic Dev Team and ask that they remove the backpack and corpse graphic of the pack animal that died from the corpse of any pack animal currently in-game, and that the corpse be turned into a backpack that is the same kind of backpack which is created whenever a starving pack animal finally decides to go wild, with the exception that it is only lootable in the ruleset the animal died in E.G.: If it dies in trammel, it is only lootable per normal trammel rules regarding players, guilds, corpses, etc. and Felucca looting rules only apply where Felucca ruleset has been created.

In order to properly distinguish it they should also make it a different color than the color of the backpack which drops when the pet goes wild, and the timer on it should be at least as long as the length of decay of a player corpse, with the items in it just falling to the ground and being subject to normal decay rules if the owner is very late getting back to the corpse.

If this were implemented, it would save me a lot of hassle trying to get back to my beetle's corpse to retrieve the items out of it before it decays. Often the monster that killed me and the beetle is around, and so I need to not only fend off the monster, I need to get to the beetle's corpse as well, which is not really possible if i've got to do battle with the monster. Therefore, the beetle's contents definitely need to remain accessible after the corpse would decay.

13. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I wasn't sure about the 10/13 stones thing, as I said it was the first time I ever noticed it. However I am sure about the corpse not being there. There are bugs with pets, always have been some.

Recently I was riding my dreadmare and hunting with a couple of bonded battle chicken lizards (followers 5/5). All of a sudden 1 chicken lizard just went poof! Followers stilled showed 5/5. It didn't runoff. It didn't die. It literally vanished before my eyes. I tried recalling home to see if it would appear, nope. Tried logging out/in, nope. Still showed 5/5 so I knew it was present somewhere. Paged a GM. Akemi responded with usual we can't replace lost items crap. Nevermind the fact my character is now bugged. Checked my coops and my stables, no lizard. Out of desparation I completely killed the client and reloaded it. Bam, there's my lizard.