1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

**bug** sherry mouse statue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by elspeth, Nov 20, 2011.

1. elspeth

elspeth Guest

There are happenings in the realms. I have a sherry the mouse statue in my house who tells me she has no news when I ask. Seems the statues are bugged.

2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Darn fleas! j/k I'll have to try out my Sherry statue tonight.

I just checked. You're right. Sherry has no news at all.

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

They've been nonfunctional for over two years.

4. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

You mean I've been providing room and board for that mouse all this time for nothing?!

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Yeah, she started responding with the "no news" message around December 2008 during the town invasions and sometime later in 2009, went completely silent.

I still got some this year with the cleanup though on shards where I didn't already have one, hoping that some day they'll work again.

6. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Well, Sherry's a cute mouse with a long history. I'm sure she'll come out of retirement one day. :)

7. elspeth

elspeth Guest

Mine does respond with "no news" so she is not completely silent. Sherry does have a long history and I hope they do fix her eventually. Guess it isn't high priority though. *sigh*

8. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Re: **NOT A BUG** sherry mouse statue

Yeah… the lack of maintenance at the staff level is responsible for this one. It's not a bug. If you didn’t notice… there is a massive lack of news criers around the city banks… and the ones that are spamming are on a different network. Otherwise, it's always “no news at this time.” Would be so nice if they updated this… and maybe updated the fact we need rubbish bins at every bank like the Asian shards have. :thumbup1:

9. Somehow they made Sherry the Mouse functional again earlier this year, and I was getting news once again. I now get the "no news at this time" with Sherry, but I am also getting that message with the Town Criers. I only tried one Town Crier in Moonglow, though.

It may just be that the news wasn't loaded into the Town Crier system, which Sherry the Mouse is supposed to be part of.

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well the town crier on Chesapeake or[ is it Siege] or both, is babblin his head off about evolution and strange creatures and yatta yadda etc. etc.
    at the Zento Bank. I figure he is babbling 'bout giant turkeys or something.

But yeh my Sherry the Mouse sits atop her *MY STORY* story book atop a chessboard on my porch, and has no news at all.

Some town criers seem to be stuck perma water wading, taking high seas perhaps too seriously or something cuz some few remain yrs. standing in the waters off the shores of the oceans too, & sayin nothing ! :)
    We should fire some town criers, they are not doing their callin in life !!!