1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bug with new patch with EC?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kyl Drysden, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Kyl Drysden

Kyl Drysden Visitor

Hey everyone, just seeing if anyone else is having this issue. I know one other person is.

Came home and patched and logged in. Upon logging in, I notice the title of an item is locked to my cursor, meaning it follows my cursor wherever I move it. I would take a SS but for some reason whenever I do, it saves it as a black image. This is for everything, not just UO.

Anyway, to explain, if I hover over say, my Hearth of Home Fire, it brings up the little bar next to the cursor saying "Hearth of Home Fire."

However, whenever I move my cursor, that title bar follows with it, and it never goes away. This seems to just be in the EC and has only started after patching.

2. Kyl Drysden

Kyl Drysden Visitor

Disregard this thread. I thought the current thread about the patch was an old one for some reason. Didn't see that it was posted today.

Again, disregard.

3. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

My problem exactly - I hope others playing EC report whether they are having this problem in the new patch thread

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did get something weird about a hardware renderer error after the patch, but I canceled on software emulation prompt and reloaded, and seemed to be fine...I've never seen that error before...

5. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

What did you just say, in English? Hardware renderer? Software emulation? I've not dealt with any of that playing UO.

G.v.P likes this.
  6. Blood Ghoul

I now have the same bug and its from the patch for sure. I had left my account at the log in screen for the past couple days so I had yet to patch. I was in the process of organizing/cleaning out my castle (what a nightmare) this morning and everything was going fine. I logged on here and noticed there was a patch pending so I logged out and patched. Now the "ID Box" or whatever you call it stays on my cursor and does not clear. Its a super total pain!!!! If you do not move the mouse for about 30 seconds it will go away but then the very next thing your pointer passes over will pop up and stay there.

Please fix!!!

Thanks mucho

BG

7. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

The game is unplayable in EC, what's wrong with you devs? Good grief, this is a game stopper and we're gonna wait for maybe weeks for it to get fixed? Unacceptable in my opinion. I'm not usually super critical but this is ridiculous.

8. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Looking at the patch notes thread the fix is supposed to be released in publish 86, that is.... completely something I can't say on Stratics. It's super difficult to even take care of plants at the moment, much less run out and do something useful. I feel like my character has been staring at the sun too long!

9. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

We are working to get this issue resolved.

10. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thank you!

I have an auction tonight so I'm currently downloading Classic Client, but would love to get my EC back up and working as soon as you are able to get a patch out.

11. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Happy to hear that Bleak! :)

In the meantime i was bored and came up with a little "workaround" mod :rolleyes: Everybody feel free to try it until clients are patched up again.

Attached Files:

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That's good cause I'm not going to play till it is.

13. Kloud

Kloud Journeyman

is this been fixed yet? im having same problem

14. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

EC Patch is out.

Speranza and DJAd like this.
  15. Kloud

Kloud Journeyman

ok thx for quick response altho I reinstalled the clinet thinking it was something I messed up in the files xD gotta love resetting marcos lol

16. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Thanks Bleak, I patched and no longer have the issue :)

Speranza likes this.
  17. Moneta

Moneta Visitor

Same problem with EC ... so annoying I don't even want to play

18. Kyl Drysden

Kyl Drysden Visitor

New patch fixes this issue. Very quick on the fix, I must say. Thanks a million! After having played non stop on the EC, I found it extremely hard to go back to the CC. Glad to see this was resolved!

19. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

After the patch there was an error message which suggested my video card could not render things correctly (hardware rendering), and so the game client suggested software emulation at a very reduced rate of gameplay. I'm not sure, I assume the client suggested that rather than Windows 7. I've never seen the error before, so I am not sure.

20. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

@Bleak Thanks for the quick fix! However there are some corner cases still showing wrong behaviour.

1) When vendors are viewed in legacy container mode, I can't see item properties at all. Hovering over items just shows does nothing. This definitely worked before the patch.
    2) When item properties are shown in a "classic" gump the properties do not disappear under certain circumstances. This can be reproduced at the void pool reward NPC in cove. Double click the NPC and go to the last page of the rewards list, then hover over one of the hephaesteus shields. The item propeties should come up partly covering the reward gump and partly covering the world. Now move the mouse from the gump into the item properties window, and the from the item poroperties window to the open world. The item properties will be stuck as it was earlier today.

21. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Brilliant, thank you, speedy response and it works

22. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Thank you for the quick fix. Just in time for the Governors meeting and all on GL's. Thanks a bunch!

23. Raknar Skarsol

Raknar Skarsol Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. Legacy containers donĀ“t show any item properties.

DJAd likes this.
  24. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Legacy containers are not highlighting items or showing item properties.