1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bug With Smelting Gargish Chaos and Order Shields?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Tina Small, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Has anyone else noticed you can't smelt the gargish chaos shields and gargish order shields? I made a couple just out of desparation to finish blacksmithing (it worked!), but found out neither type of shield can be melted back into ingots. You can smelt "human" chaos and order shields and all the other types of gargoyle shields, but not the gargish chaos and order shields.

Strange.

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

have you tried unraveling them? maybe just to get some residue out of them?

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The first ones I made were crafted using a non-runic smith's hammer, so they had no special properties and won't unravel. I made some with a dull copper hammer and they unraveled just fine. But I still can't smelt ones made with either non-runic or runic hammers. I just get the message, "You can't melt that down into ingots." That is the exact same message you get if you try to smelt stone weapons, shields, and armors.

Maybe the gargish order and chaos shields were originally intended to be made from stone but ended up as blacksmith items.

4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think you can smelt any Chaos or Order Shield.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Frodo, that used to be true, but that was when human Chaos and Order Shields weren't craftable, and had special limits to them. They were made craftable and Smeltable with the release of Age of Shadows 7 years ago.

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Shows you how long ago I tried to smelt them. LOL