1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bugged nightsight

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mikni, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've got an elf character that the nighsight is bugged on. So it still gets dark sometimes. Is there any way to fix that or do I just have to continue living with it?

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Night Sight has been bugged for years.

I have found it to be associated with the presence of multiple night sight effects. This can happen a lot, however.

Day and night in the game. Elf night sight. Night sight from an item. Someone, trying to be helpful, casts the In Lor spell on you. Champ spawns have various night sight effects.

If you have a night sight item the way to correct it is to remove and replace that item, thus resetting the effect.

I would recommend that as an elf you avoid all night sight items, but that doesn't solve the problem of day and night in the game or the Champ Spawn light effects.

-Galen's player

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I'd put. On a pair of nocturne earrings and remove/replace them when the dark effect is observed. It will clear up the issue temporarily.

Picus at the office likes this.
  4. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

You could do like I used to years ago and just turn up the contrast reaaaaaaaally high to see in the dark without bothering with night sight.

5. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I do as Obsidian does and have a pair of those on the elf. That said I wish I had a few extra pairs as I have run low and I don't recall where they came from.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They are a turn-in item, per the UO Guide. Also per the UO Guide they are 5k points, or about the same as a single SA artifact.

The permanent turn-in was a really good idea. I'm glad they did it.

-Galen's player

CovenantX likes this.
  7. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's very easy to get the Noctune Earrings. They come from the Cleanup Turn In and are only 5000 points.

8. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well there ya go, just a little bit of egg on my face. Here I have been looking on vendors willing to pay through the nose. I guess I could have looked that up but I thought they came from some other event but I guess I got it confused with the first turn in since it was a while back.

Thanks all.

9. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have the same problem on my HUMAN fisherman. Almost everytime he sails into the Vesper server area, it gets dark, and he already has on the nocturne earrings. I take the earrings off, put them back on, no help, still dark. So it's not all an elf problem. If I have him recall to his house in Malas, it usually fixes the problem but not every time. Sometimes it is still dark when he gets back to his ship. Casting nightsight does no good either. He is not the only character I have that has problem but it happens occasionally at the Ilshenar Humility spawn to my elf and other guildmates, in certain areas at that spawn.

10. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

you need a pair of alwayslight earrings - hehe (only true veterans will get the joke)