1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bugged Vendor - Come out of that box you thieving git!

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Adol, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi all; has anyone ever come across this before? I allowed a vendor to run out of money on Monday, intending him to be refunded on Friday ready for the weekend peak sales time... I know, I'm trying to save every penny I can! But on Wednesday, 2 days later, he disappeared, and I found him hiding inside the Moving/Packing Crate. I could see his goods at first, but couldn't take him out either through my characters own gumps, or the Housing gumps... Nor do I get the option to replace him when entering my home...

I've paged 3 times now on the issue, and been pointed to a webpage which didn't help, told to install the classic client which also had the same player/housing options and then the GMs went to bed so I cancelled the last begging attempt to get someone to come and take him out. I did find however that in the classic client you can at least see the vendor, and drop money on him... but the moment he had enough for 1 days rent, I couldn't even open his items in either client any more. I can still customize him though :p

So... does anyone know how to get the git with all my stuff and increasingly large amounts of my gold to get out and get back to work?!

2. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Did you see if there was a menu on the vendor its self? I have no idea never lost a vendor in my own house.

3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

As far as I know, you can't recall a vendor once it gets to the box. You can, however retrieve items. Stand within 5 tiles of your house sign. click to get the vendor menu, then retrieve items and they will pop into your bag/bank.

YOu might be able to restore a vendor another way, but I don't know how.

4. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Just stand at the location where you would like to place the vendor, and right click on your char to reclaim your vendor.

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable

I'm not offered the option to right click and retrieve him, alas. Here he is in the classic client; look at him, sitting there with my money, more than he can spend even on 2 days of total tiny hedonism!

[​IMG]

I couldn't retrieve him in either the Enhanced, or the classic client after being advised to try that on my second GM ticket. The third GM ticket was replied to with a statement that they can't help with this sort of thing, so it looks like he's stuck in there now... I'm going to try and dismiss him from his own gump there and hope I don't lose what he's carrying at least... here goes!

Nope :( I can't even dismiss him. Buggrit. I hope he enjoys all those talismans and lower reagent suits, the destard!

6. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am not sure it works this way in EC, so used 2d to do this.

Stand where you want the vendor placed.
    Click on yourself...just like you were going to insure an item.
    In the drop down menu there should be a selection for claiming, or reclaiming vendor.
    Click on that and it should place where you are standing.

7. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

The only way I know of to do this is left click the house sign once (don't double click). The bottom option should be reclaim vendor inventory. You will reclaim everything including the gold he was carrying. Just not the actual vendor.

8. shulginist

shulginist Guest

That is what I have done in the past and it worked.

9. Adol

Adol Certifiable

Ok... well, as reported earlier in the thread, the "click self" method didn't work in either client, but when I swapped to Classic and stood under the sign, and single (not double) clicked, I did get the vendor gump. Evil thieving Gotan has gone to vendor heaven now, but I've got the gold and goods he was trying to run off with... however single click doesn't seem to work in the enhanced client, which is frustrating, and why I've been unable to solve the problem until now... hopefully this thread will reveal a solution for anyone else who falls into the same trap later though!

10. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You won't get the replacement option unless it was moved to the crate due to a design change that blocked it from going back to where it was.

If your vendor dropped due to lack of funds or contract expired you have to go to the sign, select reclaim vendor inventory and then place a new one.

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This, and maybe the OP can bug report it so they can fix the EC so that people can actually reclaim their vendor funds. =)