1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bugs and how to fix them

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Storm, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. Roland of Atlantic

Roland of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Some of the common bugs I know of that make people initially dislike EC when they try it, are the following. I will add more as I encounter them.

1. Your character is bumping into invisible objects, when you try to open a corpse you are standing on you get a "I can't reach that" message, monsters seem to be fixated on a spot a couple tiles away from you, etc.

Fix- Open your paperdoll. Your character will snap back to where it's supposed to be. In fact, set a hotkey to toggle your paperdoll so it's quick and easy.

2. You Cannot Pick That Up. You can't seem to pick up or move anything. this bug comes from trying to drag consecutive things, such as moving deeds from one container to another as fast as possible. What is happening is that one of the items is invisibly stuck in your hand, which comes from tryintg to pick something else up before the item in your hand was deposited where you placed it.

Fix- (quickly) drag something that is in your pack to an adjacent vacant square. This will drop the item that is invisibly stuck in your hand to the vacant square, and the item you tried to move will snap back to where you tried to move it from.

3. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

I concur with the fix noted above, but the cause may be different. It almost seems as though the client is getting overloaded with keystrokes and pauses to catch up. Sort of like when you hold a key on the keyboard too long and the 'puter just beeps at you until you release it.

Opening the paperdoll may be a solution, but I don't think this should be happening in the first place.

Thanks!

4. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

Dosnt seem to work for me at times, having to relog into the game.

5. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

There's an Action you can add to a bar to Drop what you are currently holding....

6. Ebe

Ebe Adventurer

I have to post this bc these 2 things are driving me crazy.
    1 whenever I drag something to my backpack and let go it auto picks up my pack and I start moving it with my cursor. Everyrime. Drives me nuts.
    2 and most importantly you can follow someone with the EC. PLEASE fix this.

7. Ebe

Ebe Adventurer

I'm a returning player and those are enough to make me want to log at times.