1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Building first house

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Hariss, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Hariss

Hariss Guest

I am building my first house. I have Age of Shadows right now. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

1. I was working on a tower. When I put a door on the 2nd floor the 3rd floor wall above it lights up orange. Does this mean it is unacceptable? Is it not allowed to build a wall above a door?

2. I don't have a teleporter menu but I have a roofing menu where it should be. Does anyone know how I can add a teleporter?

3. And I can't get it to place any of the roof tiles on top of the tower.

4. Has anyone built a small tower on their plot (on Sonoma), or know of one, that I can take a look at?

I have a little bit saved but am far away from comitting. Thanks for any help.
  2. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 12, 2004
    Are there any floor tiles under the wall to support it? I've had walls over doors and never had a problem.
    Teleporters were moved into the arch category. If I'm remembering correctly, it should be in the middle row on the right.
    If your only upgraded to AoS, then your not going to be able to use the roof tiles at all. Think they didn't get activated until SE.
  3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 25, 2001
    1. Doors don't count as support, you can put walls over a door but those walls need to be supported by either walls next to them that are on top of walls, or floor tiles that are not orange. Build your design, put all the floors and walls down, and worry about orange tiles when you are finished. The problem areas usually fix themselves as you go.

2. Yah teleporter pads should be in the misc menu bit, you'll need to scroll to the left of the menu to get to them.

3. You need at least SE, and ML is also good to get access to those tiles. You might be able to get a free upgrade code from someone somewhere, otherwise you'll have to buy a box.

4. Do some running around. Exploring is fun. =D