1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Burning the "dull copper" oil...

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by CrazyUserName, Feb 19, 2014.

1. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Good morning all!

I see that people often use dull copper hammers for 100% elemental damage weapons, is there any other practical use for them?

I made a training suit for my new Melee character with 100 charges, but made it with cannot be repaired and brittle to get the property intensities where I wanted (didn't have any copper runics to use to get over imbuing cap :))

I just thought I would ask as it seems I get a couple every time I go trade in BODs, and I haven't quite gotten used to bribing effectively to focus on copper hammers :)

Thanks!!
    Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I am quite out of touch with top end manufacturing but what I do with dull copper runics is use them to fill weapon BODs and look for properties I like like 100% elemental or 55% damage increase then imbue them to get what I want. So recently I wanted a mace for my smith himself to kill orc brutes to get to Glorious Lord status so I got one of the maces already with 55% damage increase on I and imbued it to be an orc slayer with hit point leach and stamina leach and lower attack. Hey but I did fill a lot of BODs :) Yeah so I still do just imbuing to get some stuff ......call me old fashioned or out of touch but I have fun so whatever.

3. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That's what it is all about :) not a bad idea, I am accumulating quite a few hammers... And I do fill lots of weapon bods :)

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

100% elemental from full copper?! I've always had to use shadow.

5. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I believe there may be enhancing necessary to get 100%, but I don't remember the thread I read exactly :)

6. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

You can get 100% elemental with a dull copper unless they have changed it. Dull copper can also give you 100% on three properties if you are really lucky....unless they have changed it.

7. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is this without getting negative side effects of doing structural and fundamental reforging? I could see maybe bronze or copper hammers getting 3 100% properties without brittle/cannot be repaired, but assume dull copper would need those to get the 3 100% properties

8. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

This is doing smithing with a runic no reforging

9. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

although reforging might get you more you still waste a large number of charges getting it and with the runic there is no penalties