1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bushido + 2-handed weapons

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by gjohnson5, Jan 2, 2009.

1. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Is there a damage bonus associated with bushido and two handed weapons, or is this a false rumor?

2. It's a rumor. The only thing a 2 handed weapon has to do with Bushido is in regards to Parry. Whoever came up with that is very misinformed.

3. kikcer

kikcer Guest

not as far as i know but it help parry greatly if you got considerbale bushido

4. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

A guy in my guild said that. I couldn't find any documentation on it , but it seems like melee in general should have more benefits to using 2 handed weapons. Currently there is next to no incentive to use them even with bushido. Why worry about the increased parry when you can just pop a heal potion with a kat/kryss

5. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wish the 2handers had a little bit more of damage output too. I almost hate giving up my other hand just for +5 parry.
    Plus switching weapons from 2h to 1 hand is a pain (and slow in KR).

I suppose the coming nerf to potions is another incentive to look into 2handed again. *sigh*

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The only thing I could think of is maybe the damage bonus from having Bushido and high honor, or perhaps they were making a general statement that maybe 2 handed weaps have a higher base damage than a one handed weap.

Maybe one of these days the devs will give us a pot chugging helmet. Sorta like the beer can helmet, but this one holds a greater cure on one side, greater heal on the other, and a refresh pot on the top.

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Haha! And one button delivers all three pots simultaneously! Hehe