1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bushido and Parrying

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jtw1984, Oct 15, 2008.

1. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Unsure if this is the correct board, but lets give it a go!

I read on UOGuide.com that as Bushido rises your defense chance increase with a shield is lowered.

I think with parry you have to have a shield or two handed weapon right?

So if I get Bushido and Parry to 120 do I have to carry a 2 handed weapon or will a 1 handed weapon with no shield suffice?

Thanks.

2. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Yea wrong board but anyhow a 1handed w/out a shield is fine you will lose about 7% block as opposed to a 2handed.

Note that parry weaponskill and DCI are all separate checks so they are no cumulative.

3. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the help!

4. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Bushido has no effect on DCI at all. It only effects HCI (via Lightning Strike) and how parry works. As stated above, your chance to parry with a one-handed weapon is slightly lower than with a 2-handed weapon, but you can chug potions while holding a one-handed weapon. You can't do that with a 2-handed weapon (other than balanced bows).