1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bushido] lesser hiryu bonding

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bara, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Bara

Bara Guest

My friends and I restarted UO after years of absence, and I've been trying bushido out. I was really excited about bonding a lesser hiryu. I got my bushido up to 90 today, and from my understanding, I should be able to bond one now, but I keep getting a message that my bushido is too low.

Is it bugged?

I've searched and couldn't find clear information on it.

2. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ya it is, remember lesser has to be a wk old first off, once he is put on a ring or bracelet to bring ya over 100, feed, then he'll bond. For some reason the bond won't bond @ 90 you have to be over 100. He will stay bonded (had a bush guy at 95 & lesser wouldn't bond for nothing, put a ring of 8 or so on for a sec & fed him & lil bugger bonded, took of the ring killed it to be sure & he has stayed bonded). So ya, it's just a bug.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think it's a bug, but ...
    90 bushido to transfer, 100 bushido to bond. 120 bushido to control it somewhat reliably

4. Bara

Bara Guest

Thanks for the info. I was afraid it was a bug, but once I put some skill jewelry on, he bonded.

I wish there was some info written on the main stratics site about it. That thing needs a major overhaul.

5. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't even know this was possible. Great to know.. *makes a mental note for when he caps his bushido*

6. Yes, it does. It's too bad they won't even use updated information when it's given to them on a silver platter.

7. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have transfered many lessers to my own chara's & friends with Bushido @ 80, you just can't Ride one is all til you reach 90 skill in bushido (Once you can ride he is suppose to bond. always been that way for me anyways)

Update: I wanted to make sure, so I went & tamed a lesser, had my son jump on our other account, transfered the lesser to him with 81 bushido skill.

#7 Snakeman, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They changed some things in Publish 47 http://update.uo.com/design_569.html, before the change all you needed was 90 bushido to ride a lesser and you didn't need any bushido to have one bond. You would have thought that it would have been 90 bushido to have it bond since its 90 to control.

9. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I was searching for info and found this thread. Today I was unable to bond a Lesser with 90.1 Bushido. I put on a bracelet bringing the skill to 100.0 and it bonded. It drops some loyalty after each command and must be fed. I am beginning to think this use of bushido has been nerfed to where it is useless. I will report back once I get to 120, unless someone posts further info supporting my hypothesis.

10. Sauteed Onion

Your Necromancy skill increased .1 Your skill is now 119.8.

(Sorry for the silliness hehe, but honestly I know nothing about lesser hiryu vs. bushido requirements. I always just rode an ethy or a rideable llama on my sampire).

#10 Sauteed Onion, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  11. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Its useless to have a lesser with bush. I hated it because A. Ya can`t heal it very good and B. Ya can`t rez the damn thing. Made for more of a hinderance than anything. End up totin around a dead critter waiting for a rez.

*edit*

Holy necro thread batman

#11 Mitzlplik_LS, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  12. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

ringing up will do nothing for your bushido in regards to a lesser hiryu.
    you need REAL SKILL to control your lesser.
    bushido is one of the only skills in game that you need real skill in.
    they put this in to make it so you actually had to be 120 to control your lesser.
    so even though you can bond one at 90-100 if you give it too many orders it will go wild on you again.

which only makes having a lesser and using it feasible with a 120 real bushy.

i do believe this nerf came about from people getting a little skill then ringing up so that they could use a lesser in pvp.
    (necro mage with a lesser)

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It would be cool if mounts mattered more per class, but UO has always been kind of an anti-class game. Ethereal mounts kind of messed everything up, I guess. Wouldn't be as much of a problem if pets were easier to rez. Waiting for an NPC to vet is annoying as hell.

Like for example, I don't have vet on my bard-tamer, so I usually pull out the gimp log-out tactic to save my greater dragon. Meh.

Haha, would be nice if there were alternate ways to rez pets...maybe a craftable potion players could use like repair deeds.

#13 G.v.P, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  14. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there is...from medusa's blood to make the elixer of rebirth.

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Good point. :p

I guess I was thinking maybe of some easier way, but Medusa isn't that hard to kill.

16. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I only use my lesser when im doing Dread Horn, i also bring along my vollems. I carry a few elixer of rebirths to rez tehm on my own too although i do not rez them until dread is dead....they would end up just getting rez killed.

Normally I ride my sampire around on a proxy swamp dragon.