1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bushido Paladin Questions

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by DreadLord Lestat, Jun 12, 2014.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I like the Sampire but I am really wanting to try this out.

1. I can go with axes but would like to try out maces. Which ones should I be looking at?
    2. With Maces, what is the best template to try out?
    3. What kind of rotation would I be looking at?

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

War axe is a speed 3.0 mace with AI, so I'd assume those are a must. Does 1 pt fewer damage than the broadsword, but you don't need to be so concerned about stamina for max swing speed, so you save some SSI or 30 pts of dex on your suit.

I've really been pondering swapping my swords for mace fighting to try it out actually (vampire paladin template). I might want to do that before I finish making my full set of swords...

3. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I am curious about template for this as well. I spent a lot of time reading this thread here http://stratics.com/community/threads/paladin-template-and-gear.300779/

Duncan is using this template:
    Duncan later posted these 2 templates:
    CorwinXX is using this template:
    A couple of questions come to mind.

I know some skills stack in 20's like focus. 60-79 focus is the exact same, the next bonus does not take effect until 80. If I remember right, Necro is similiar but stack's in 10's. What about parry, anatomy, and tactics? How much of a bonus is there in having tactics and anatomy at 11o and 120 compared to gm? Healing is nice but is it needed with a 100% HLL weapon?

4. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Tactics and Anat and Parry are all real skill users. Though with the tact/anat combo there's some critical points. You want to get to a point where you round up to the next higher damage number. So, technically speaking, depending on what weapon you are using, 115 tact might be just as good as 120, if moving from 115 to 120 doesn't change the damage shown in your Status window, then it won't change your overall output.

For instance if you're using a Broadsword (13-17) at 120 you get an 81.25% increase from tactics, 65 from anatomy, 42.5 from 125 STR, and 100% from items = 288.75% taking you to 37.5375 - 49.0875. If you had, say 115 anat, you'd be at: 37.2125 - 48.6625. Depending on the rounding (ceil vs floor vs "true") you might end up doing the exact same damage, but with 5 less skill points.

Same for 120 parry vs 119 parry (assuming 0 Bush) - you just end up with a 30% vs 29.75% chance to block, which likely gets rounded up to 30 anyway, or in any event represents blocking 1 in 400 more hits.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

War Axe replaces the broadsword or bladed staff. It is a faster weapon and hits a little softer but still very nice.

The black staff is the whirlwind alternative to swords options. I actually like the black staff more. Remember you can enhance it for some extra mods/intensity.

6. DreadLord Lestat

This is where I am at right now:

Anatomy 89/100
    Bushido 100/100
    Chivalry 120/120
    Healing 100/100 (85+15 ring)
    Macing 75/120
    Parry 85/100
    Tactics 65/100

Should I go with Parry or Spell Resist and should I stick at GM or take it to 120?