1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by imported_Risso, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Which would give me the best defence? I know bushido is more useful with a two-handed weapon rather than a shield, but would I still need parry skill for it to be of any use?
  2. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 5, 2006
    Well bushido is useless without parry. So if you want bushido you will NEED parry. Parry on the other hand you can get and dont need bushido with it.
  3. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Yes both will give you good defenses depending on just what you want on your character.

1) Parry itself will give you ok defense plus the benefit of what ever mods your shield has. Thus you will have both weapon mods AND shield mods. Having a good shield can really help your character, especially if you are lucky enough to have a old-school shield with good stuff.

Most good shields will easily give you +15 dci, resists, and some other things.

2) Bushido and parry give you great defense, plus a few abilities of the bushido. Of course this requires an extra 120 skill points, but you gain some great abilities. It all depends on what you want and how tight your skill points are.