1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[bushido] pvm

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Lucifugo, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Lucifugo

Lucifugo Guest

hello, this is my char:

Swordsmanship 120
    Tactics 120
    Parrying 110 (120 travesty)
    Bushido 110 (120 travesty)
    healing 90 (101 brac)
    anatomy 90 (101 brac)
    chivalry 80

tot 720 (763 with item)

for PVM is better raise Resisting spells and drop Parrying? Thank you

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would definitely keep parrying over resisting spells.

3. Lucifugo

Lucifugo Guest

ok thank you.

4. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps your best bet is what the sampires do,soulstone anatomy for resists.Use other possibilities for curing and additional healing,like chivalry,confidence and pots/petals. Perhaps look for additional lmc, fc/fcr and mana leech to do this.If you are on a budget you cannot have everything.

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nope. Not an option for him. He would have 90 useless points if soulstoned anatomy for resist. And healing with no anatomy is just not an option. Would be ok if he had vamp form going (maybe) but he needs both healing and anatomy.

6. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Im pretty sure you are more experienced than me,but...
    I found this an interesting problem if you *want* to run a samurai with resists and not wanting to go sampire.I do not want to debate if its better for pvm or not,may depend on mob. Dropping anatomy seems the least evil option to me here. According to stratics healing calculator you lose around 13-14 hp healed from 100 to 20 joat anatomy.By dropping tactics to 100 and chiv by 5-10 points he could gain some room for 100 resists or higher.Much better than dropping parry or chiv.

7. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Healing is quite significant when discussing 13 to 14 HP on each bandage.
    Additionally, healing becomes absolutely unreliable when having less than 81 and 81. You could get by with less anatomy perhaps...but I really don't know why you would want to. The minimum would be 61 if you want to make sure you can cure some poison attacks.

You won't be healing any poison attacks if below 61, and you won't be able to ressurect anyone...not that, that might be of much concern.

Last but not least, the nice world of UO has provided what can be called worst case scenarios. Instead of healing 33 to 55 damage on a consistent basis, you will instead heal for 21 to 43 damage on an inconsistent basis. Meaning basically, when you need to negate some damage and you are relying on the heal doing a good job, it won't...and you will die.

Your best bet if you're running a sampire type of setup is to drop the idea of healing. Most people swap out anatomy or resist depending on what they are doing. Healing is not in the equation at all due to how many different ways you can heal yourself.

Even if a regular Samurai 侍 setup (non-sampire), you almost always will NOT use resist spells. Using items in place of resist is what people will do.

An old Samurai 侍 setup looks like how I ran mine (just as an example).

Weapon 120
    Bushido 120
    Parry 120
    Chivalry 60
    Resist 120
    Anatomy 90
    Healing 90

You can see the problem can't you? With the tactics change, that changed the face of many dexxer and Samurai 侍 templates.

You can't have everything so...you have to make a decision.