1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bushido question...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Cheapy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I'm toying with a template and got 80 points to burn and thought i would try bushido. How good is this skill at 80? Is lighting strike affective at this low of level? I have been wanting to try bushido since it came out I just have been dreading ROT...I really really hate ROT. :)

2. Calyip

Calyip Guest

No. But confidence at that level is great.

3. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Rot is great. Yes its slow, but its an accellerated GGS system.

Confidence would be a good heal at that level, maybe poison?

4. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hey cheapy why dont you run a mage, you seem to think it is so easy with the right items.

5. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

That's not what I said Bo, you took my comment about Sakey way wrong. A mage takes way too much time and items to equip in order to play it properly and I just dont have the time or patience. Besides I am horrible at playing a mage.

6. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

So is the amount of healing you get from confidence based soley on bushido skill? Now you know I dont leave home without my poison. ;)

7. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Some good skills at 80 points:

Herding - Haven't found a creature I couldnt herd, GD, Bakes, Rune Beetles, Fire beetles, etc...

Spellweaving - Can cast everything but Word of Death, which is useless anyway without a high level focus. 120 spell weave and 0 focus = 0% effectiveness with WoD.

Stealth - 80 is the magic number for stealthing and shadow strike. You don't even need tactics to pull it off if it is primary move on weapon.

Chivarly - Covers the basics that magery does, may be redundant.

Bushido - At 50 skill, honoring opponent is what makes skill very useful for PvM. ( and you can ride a Hiryu ).

Ninjitsu - decent at 80 points for shadow jumping and animal forms.

8. archite666

archite666 Guest

Need 90 bush I believe to ride a hiryu

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

lesser hiryu that is, and yes, need 90.

10. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Why is riding a hyiru so good?

11. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Its tougher than any other mount you can have without taming. A Cu is tougher. It has a strong attack. It lowers Phy resist if used as a pet, it can dismount people, and well, its way better than a damn swamp draggy. Way cooler.

However Llama > Hiryu

12. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Because you can dismount and tell it to kill things.

Pets that have to follow you can be quite annoying, getting stuck on trees, rocks, houses, etc... but if you can ride it, you control it perfectly around these obstacles.

If you are a melee fighter, some additional help could come in handy. Dismount and mount an ethy.

13. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I guess it wouldnt be much help for a stealther.

14. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

nope not at all really. Whats ur template. How about dumping points into focus for the stam, and mana regen.

15. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I never knew you needed the focus skill with speallweaving.

16. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Its an arcane focus that you use with spellweaving, cheapy.

17. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Arcane focus, one of the spells in your spellweaving book. You and other spellweavers stand on an arcane circle or pentagram and cast this spell, you are awarded an arcane focus jewel in your pack with a timer on it. The strength of the jewel is determined by how many people in the circle, and which type of circle it is. The highest level is 6 focus, thats 5 people standing on an arcane circle for a +1 bonus.

Each level of focus grants 5% to your word of death. For example, if yo uhave a level 6 focus, you can start casting word of death on your enemy when they have as much as 30% life remaining, whereas with a lvl2 focus, the spell wont work until your enemy is at 10% or less.

This spell takes a while to cast, so it really isnt useful in pvp, unless precast. This spell is the best offensive spell for boss killing, you can do as much as 700 or so hit points damage per casting with enough sdi.

Get Coon down to about 30% life and start casting wod about 6 times and he's gone.