1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

butcher's war cleaver question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Dragonchilde, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I've got a butcher's war cleaver (and dear LORD, i love this thing... if you don't have one, and you farm leather GET ONE.)

i've noticed that after about 200 or so leather, it stops putting the leather in my backpack. I still have a good 200 stones left in my carrying capacity, so why isn't it doing it after that point? I don't mind dropping it onto my beetle by that point, but what's the deal? Is it supposed to do this, or is it a bug?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hmm I noticed this with my guy a while back but usualy was when skinning them would put me over wait but my weight limit was like 385 or so so I was closer to max weight and As a side note I noticed this with my smith when smelting if the amount of stone in my pack has me over weight and I smelt a small pile it puts the ingots on the grown I think this was done on purpose to deter scripters but to be honest I am not sure !

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There appear to be two factors that can keep the leather from being put into your pack.

One is having your pack half-full with items. IF you have 63 or more items (out of a possible 125), the leather stays in the corpse, regardless of the weight.

The second appears to be linked to ANCIENT code. Originally, before ML, backpacks were 400 stone max. Prior to the introduction of Stat Scrolls, Stats had 100 for their maximum (390 carry weight).

One or the other was affecting both BOD rewards and the BWC/skinning knife (the skinning knife functions as the BWC, but only when wielded), to where if a reward or leather (in its hide form, as it temporarily exists as hides as part of the conversion process, even if not visible as such) put you over 390 or 400 in your pack, the game refused to let you do so. The BOD situation appears to have been altered (perhaps by Strong Back for human, or some other change), but the leather issue remains.

4. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Iti's definitely not max weight; the character in quest is a human with over 500 stone carrying capacity, and she hits this problemaround 350.
    IT's probably that legacy code.