1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

buy beware--Certificates of Capture

Discussion in 'UHall' started by soze, Jan 2, 2009.

1. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed a couple vendors in Luna o SOnoma selling these for ridiculous amounts (300k - 700k)

These can be obtained by doing the slime quest, which isnt really that hard once you know where the slimes are. pretty much all your characters can do it.

But aside from that, if you buy one of these, you cannot use the "SLime Hunter" title unless you yourself have completed the quest.

refer to uoguide.com for info about the quest

2. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Good catch. Yeah, this quest was so easy they should have just given you the title for logging in to UO for the day.

3. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I disagree those slimes have tough poison and recently have been in some dangerous locations.

4. and only once per character. :scholar:

5. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you can't safely navigate yourself to the slimes, then you really need to look into changing your template. I'd say the most dangerous place so far would have to be the mines, and those were the most recent. The poison is no big deal, just keep casting cure or chugging pots. If you've got Spellweaving, cast gift of renewel on yoursel. You won't cure the poison, but you'll regen hp. If you can't do that, get some hp regen armor and go double click three slimes. The whole quest took about 2 minutes.

6. Maggie

Maggie Guest

So your saying it does require more effort then just logging in?

7. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

No not really. My templates had no trouble logging in without doing anything different?

What exactly are you afraid is going to happen to you in the Brit fields? Chaos shrine in Fel was deserted. Even the Exodus dungeon and Doom were easy to navigate with an invis here and there.

If you'd like, I can have my crafter take you to get your certificate.

8. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

A young lass in Buc's Den wanted me to purchase a "Certificate of Bondage"... is that the same thing? If not.. what is a fair price for one of those? Is it a rare?

Thanks.

-Sam

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You don't have to complete the quest to use the deed. You do have to start it though.

10. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Its one of those ones that doesn't really need a heads up. Anyone thats got even 500k to splash out on an item because they deem it to be "rare" or "uncommon" should have the sense to do a small bit of research to find out where it originates from.