1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Death of Hemp, Nov 11, 2008.

1. I have three accounts on Siege. Recently I moved and had to change to a new local bank. During that time, I paid for 3 months on each of my 3 accounts with my girlfriends credit card. Within a week of opening my new account I changed all of the billing information over to my new debit card.

Curiously, my girlfriend noticed a few charges from Pogo Games. Turns out, they were billing both my card and hers once per month for 3 months worth of game time! I went to UO and verified that I had over 30 days left paid for on every account yet....Not only were they billing both cards for the same accounts, they were billing for 3 months EVERY month!!!
    If anyone ever needs to call with billing questions, just say, "agent" at every menu and eventually you get a person. A person who will tell you they will correct it but probably won't.

Since I used to own a merchant account (credit card processing) company, I am very familiar with what can and can not be done and how. I am also familiar with many companies practices that amount to, imo, legal scams. Some companies profit off of the idea that they get away with more than they have to pay in penalties and chargebacks. So please check your statements and make sure this hasn't happened to you!

I could have sworn I used to pay EA Games for this, who the hell is Pogo Games?! I don't think I'll be giving them my money much longer. Cya all on Warhammer then Darkfall once my remaining time is up!:sad3:
  2. Black magick

Black magick Guest

How much time you have left man?
  3. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 27, 2004
    EA owns Pogo Games. Pogo Games has a large collection of online games, that I think people pay a flat subscription rate to access...Pogo has an enormous membership, it was probably easier to lump EA's other online MMORPG game subscription billing into the mix.