1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Good Rune Beetle

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Midnight Rambler, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I doubt with these lag spikes I've been having lately that I'll be able to tame one of these solo within any reasonable amount of time. From what I hear out There, I'll need 95 poison resist and above as well as 65 physical resist or above, to make it worthwhile. Other than that, I'm pretty new to this whole taming aspect. Do let me know if any of you are willing to part with one of these beasts.

Ohh, and thanks again to Petra for the taming tips. Messing around with the Kits has broken up the monotony a good deal.
  2. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Jun 2, 2007
    Rambler, if you are willing to join a faction for a week or two I assure you that you can tame any pet. All it will take is paitence, 40 points of life force, your taming & lore, and an hour of free time.

Monster ignore is your friend.
  3. I guess that's a thought. I've heard of the whole monster ignore thing...I'll have to look in to it. Though, I usually get my ass handed to me on a regular basis when I find myself in factions, so I'm going to try to avoid that for now. I coulda sworn I've seen these sold from time to time on here but I guess with the Greater Dragons flying around, that's about the only market tht's still out there.
  4. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    If you still need one at the weekend let me know. We can kill a few until a good one shows up and I will peace while you tame.
  5. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 16, 2007

On prodo, without monster ignore I used to Honor tame.

Use the virute Honor when killing anything, set it to a one key macro and make sure to Honor it first.

When you build up your Honor you can Honor yourself and have the time to tame at least one pet.

good luck...
  6. Just wanted to quickly thank everyone for the tips/help I've been getting. I've said it all along, though it's not said enough, that Siege really has the best player base of any shard.