1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] Buying Rare Shrouds And Robes!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by khalua Bailey, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Wanting to purchse rare shrouds or robes pm me or msg with what you have and desciption of it thank you:p

2. DVI

DVI Guest

may want to consider waiting as theres a significaint duping problem occuring currently.

3. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

Probably won't get many LEGIT sellers, considering the sudden out break of duping.

First thing that came to mind when I'd seen this post today, to be honest. :lol:

4. Doug Ravene

Doug Ravene Guest

I agree... Remember the Vine Cord Sandals, you don't wanna spend a fortune on a robe or shroud to have it end up as bandage material.

5. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Fine, fine... what about those of us who did spend a fortune on a shroud right before the packhorse loaded with vine cords initiated the big stir? I don't find the 'tough crap' answer acceptable. :gun:

6. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

Is "too bad" more to your liking? :stir:

7. Doug Ravene

Doug Ravene Guest

All I'm sayin is that you should be careful what you buy now. Things like the clothing and weapons (i.e. Calm, Pacify, Quell, and Subdue...) are all being duped, we know this. We also knew Vine Cords were being duped, and still bought them. Now, the people who did pretty much got ripped off. I took great pleasure in making fun of one guy in particular who did nothing but brag about his vine cords at wbb, hehe. I just don't think it's a good time to be buying known duped items that use common graphics. Ya could get screwed. :sad4:

8. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, as opposed to me, who is already screwed. Basically what we are saying here is that I am lesser than everyone else. Yes, let's warn everyone away. So, who's going to get 'stuck' with it, right? Me. Gee, thanks, I have a face too!

The only fair thing to do is that either the powers that be find and remove all broker stashes but leave the little guy alone, or we the community relaxes and continues to buy/sell things with provable backgrounds, hopefully edging out any shady characters.

9. Doug Ravene

Doug Ravene Guest

No, basically what I am saying is that everyone should be careful what they buy. If you are lesser than everyone else, it's because everyone else got that, and you just took it as a direct insult on you, when I never targeted you. Congratulations on having a face, we're all very proud.