1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

By the way, no easter prezzies this year?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jahira-Tor, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I mean i know your all super buisy doing stuff, but you always are arnt you Devs. Theres always somthing more important going on bla bla bla. But dont we deserve one egg?

One day id love an easter egg hunt, where you run all over the land looking for pretty little eggs! How cool would that be!!!

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I suppose that would have been interesting but i am moreso looking forward to the next event

3. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Well yes that too. But i kinda gave up on that.

4. Didn't we get purple bunnies and some other crap?

5. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

That was for valentines day.... go figure.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

There are April Fools Day boxes on TC1 now.

7. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Oh cute, so we'll get them here?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I have no idea. However, it'd be pretty funny if we didn't. [​IMG]

9. <blockquote><hr>

I have no idea. However, it'd be pretty funny if we didn't. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!!

I WANT MY EMPTY BOX WITH THE IOU IN IT!!!!!!

I'LL CLOSE ALL MY ACCOUNT UNLESS I GET MY EMPTY BOX!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

**begins leading a protest march**

I WANNA KEEP THE LIL PURPLE BUNNIES ...they are CUTE CUTE I SAY...the dev. team should not nerf em out cuz Valentine's Day is over, nay we do not have enough stable slots to keep the lil tykes.................LET EM CONTINUE TO ROAM FREE IN SOSARIA etc etc. *raises protest sign* SAVE THE BUNNIES !! <font color="purple">SAVE THE BUNNIES </font> <font color="pink">SAVE THE BUNNIES </font>

11. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Yeah, bunnies should be like hyirus. Just every so often a dif color one spawns. Like one in every 1000 or somthing.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, bunnies should be like hyirus. Just every so often a dif color one spawns. Like one in every 1000 or somthing.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 10 yrs of uo playing nearly ima still lookin for BAAAA BAAA black sheep. [​IMG]

I mean sheesh one wool color on one color of sheepies in this world since the get go...where are the black sheep... ? [​IMG]

Same two flippin colors of cows in uo since forever, [​IMG] where be the mean brama bull in that peculiar color some of them come in, in rl ?

SAVE THE PURPLE PINKIE BUNNIES ! lol

[​IMG]

13. I mean sheesh one wool color on one color of sheepies in this world since the get go...where are the black sheep... ?

I've seen quite a few black sheep......?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Wouldn't it be grand if the sheep wool we harvested, if from a *black sheep* was exactly the color we get from the black dye tub or deep charcoal, without dying it that way ?

True black ala natural things like wool, in this game world, save for the black spots on the one original spots of the one cow type, or shadow ore, or some new flipping smurfy looking elfy hairdo colors or pricey hair/tok dyes, is pretty scarce in uo land.

15. I think the easter egg hunt thing would be a great idea. maybe have spawns with a random chance of dropping an easter egg. The easter egg could work as a container and inside there could be different "gifts". These could range from extra gold, spiffy gear, themed deco, etc. The color/pattern of the egg and the loot inside could be scaled based on the difficulty of the mob.

As far as the Easter thing goes it is a christian holiday, just with a lot of pagan symbology attatched to it. The "easter bunny" is a comercialization of "traditional symbology" in order to make the holiday appeal to a wider group (mostly children). And for that matter its mostly a US tradition. The whole Eostur to Easter thing is simply because of the month the event originally occured in (much like Thursday is a amalgamation of languages for the names of both Jupiter and Thor.). As far as celebrating it goes IMHO, It's just like christmas (which is even more comercialized). The odds are your gonna get presents no matter what god(s) you pray to.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

*crys*

I did not get no prezzies yesterday in rl either. [​IMG]

Well hubby did buy me my yearly package of marshmallow peeps and a choc. bunny...I guess that counts tis not spring nor easter for me, till I get to munch some *old school the original yellow* marshmallow peeps ! [​IMG]

My mom used to put one on my birthday cake if when easter and my birthday hit close together so the lil girl in me, no matter how old I get, just does not feel tis spring time at all without marshmallow PEEPS to eat.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, I may be a noob since I've only been playing for 4 years, but I don't recall ever getting an Easter Present in UO. They added the Purple/Pink bunnies in the Feb publish knowing that there wouldn't be a publish in March (oh and Easter is early this year), so there's the "Easter" present. Like other's pointed out there is an April Fools gift in the next publish (currently on Test and may make it to production shards by April 1st).

18. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

And no irish beer either, while were at it, lets accumulate every nit-picking holiday there is and whine for a handout.

19. Some kind player placed bright blue eggs on the road in Luna, west side. Which I found! I was so happy! So ty whomever that was on LS.

20. Juan de Fuego

Juan de Fuego Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

The "easter bunny" is a comercialization of "traditional symbology" in order to make the holiday appeal to a wider group (mostly children). And for that matter its mostly a US tradition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you're saying the Easter Bunny isn't real? Yeah, right. Who leaves the basket full of jellybean eggs on my kitchen table? Point, set, match!

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Some of the posts are missing... If innocent ones got caught in the cleanup - sorry.

For those who wish to argue religion, politics or any other RL matter, and who are over 18 years old, feel free to visit our OT instance.

22. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The "easter bunny" is a comercialization of "traditional symbology" in order to make the holiday appeal to a wider group (mostly children). And for that matter its mostly a US tradition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who leaves the basket full of jellybean eggs on my kitchen table?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the question you should be asking yourself! Hehe

23. Guest

Guest Guest

Thats a nice idea.. alas if it happened.. im guessing .. '' some of the peeps'' would have prior knowledge were to look for the hidden easter eggs scavenge... its a sad fact.. but they would like always be tipped off.. sad days iam afraid...best we stick to the worldwide global events methinks...

24. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Have we ever had Easter presents? I don't recall ever having them.

25. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you're saying the Easter Bunny isn't real? Yeah, right. Who leaves the basket full of jellybean eggs on my kitchen table? Point, set, match!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, Vorpal Bunnies of course. They're the only ones fast enough to make all those deliveries... [​IMG]

26. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

<blockquote><hr>

Have we ever had Easter presents? I don't recall ever having them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never had a posative GM experience when ive had an issue either, but one can always hope

27. Guest

Guest Guest

ya honostly, the christmas and valentines gifts were so lame, i hope they keep the stupid gifts and give us some events...

28. Guest

Guest Guest

April 1999 - Easter Weekend
    Item Name Description
    eggs easter eggs, ten different colors

1999 had the most things celebration wise.

29. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Id give up any gifts for years for our EM system back!

30. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Good Lord, are there no Men left in UO? *sorry Connor*

Had to edit, cuz, well, it looked like I was cruisin...hehe..err..

31. <blockquote><hr>

And no irish beer either, while were at it, lets accumulate every nit-picking holiday there is and whine for a handout.

[/ QUOTE ]
    If you insist about KidsDay thats on may 5th maybe they will give us kids that day [​IMG]