1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Byaaw! Everyone, HEAR ME! This is what the game NEEDS: Human throwing, Gargoyle archery!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spock's Beard, May 29, 2015.

1. Spock's Beard

Let's imagine the following new weapons:

Gargish Bow
    Gargish Crossbow
    Wooden Boomerang
    Magic Axe

The bottom two being human/elf-specific throwing weapons in answer to the top two Gargish archery weapons. Put whatever specials on them you want, just make sure to give each race access to like armor ignore or whatever. And the nice thing is, they fit with the canon. Wooden throwing boomerangs existed as early as Ultima 6 canonicaly, while the throwing/returning Magic Axe was a thing since Ultima 4 in 1985. I don't think we ever saw any Gargish attempt at archery canonically, but they're a clever and observant species that I think would certainly give it an attempt.

Basically look, I really want the Magic Axe from like Ultima 4 and 5, that I can just hurl on every turn and it always returns to my hand. Let me just turn the air around me into death. I could do this on a gargoyle right now but I want to be a human sampire necro deathlord with a Magic Axe, not a winged indistinct purple moop with a big ninja star "boomerang" that looks like it came from a flea-market knockoff of Krull.

And frankly if someone wants to combine archery as a skill with the flying racial of the gargoyle, why the hell not? Why not some gargoyle archer paladin action just because this is Ultima Online and we do what we want? What if I want to make a human ninjitsu thrower and pretend I'm Batman with those wooden boomerangs? I don't care if you roleplay Crocodile Dundee who fell through a moongate, I say go for it.

Point is if there's still content production going on over there, throw us the handful of sprite animations it would take to make this possible. To be honest it won't even have to look that great as long as the idle animation while banksitting is kinda cool. I mean it's seriously like three frames of animation or some **** to fire a bow in UO, I bet they can get someone to just bang it out.

And in return we get a little more diversity. It's fun. The Magic Axe was THE weapon for the solo-going powergamer back in the day, and we need one finally in UO.

Chrille likes this.
  2. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been asking for human throwing ever since throwing came out. I'm okay with archery for Gargoyles...hehe death from above! However there is a weapon I want added for humans *drum roll* the Chakram!!!!
    Yes it the round thing that Xena Warrior Princess threw. I am not asking for ours to defy the laws physics like Xena's. It is a real weapon from India. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram

Here's Xena with her's :

Yes, Xena has two different chakrams. Long story, google Xena for the explanation.

C'mon Devs what do ya say!!!!

Kirthag likes this.
  3. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lol, or something like this.

Bethany_lg and CovenantX like this.
  4. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I would love to have a human thrower but I doubt they will do it. Right now the choice is having to carry arrows but you get to have a swampy or a thrower that doesn't have a swampy but you don't worry about arrows. If they made humans able to use throwing weeps then no one would pick a garg unless it was roll play reasons.

5. Spock's Beard

WANT GET MAGIC AXE

[​IMG]

6. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

But in Mad Max II it was a simple boomerang.

7. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Ah... the idea behind this thread brings me painful Ultima 7 memories... about handing Iolo the Juggernaut magical throwing hammer and see him hit the Avatar fair and square on her back as she charged against villains, causing pretty much instant death.

If they add throwing for humans, we need throwing magic hammers, and the Juggernaut must be an artie in the game.

Kirthag likes this.
  8. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

There's a Juggernaut set...