1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cal, Please look into the POGO E-mails

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tazar, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Cal,

You said you would look into it if we asked - well... I for one am asking!

It is now July 22nd. So far this month, I have received over 50 e-mails from POGO putting my UO accounts at risk every time. I got one for every account yesterday - and again today.

Looking back, it's been ages and ages (honestly I can't remember when) since I have actually received anything from UO.

Please: Either get POGO to use our name or ANYTHING other than our UO account names - or just let us know that UO never sends anything so that we can turn off that option in the account management page.

Eagerly awaiting your reply which I know will be forthcoming... soon.

2. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

Either their servers don't know what duplicate addresses are, or you have 50 different email addresses for 50 different email accounts. Maybe you should consider pruning down the mess a bit if it's the latter?

3. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If you dont want to receive the pogo emails click on the link inside the pogo email that lets you opt out of getting the pogo email. that is what I did

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

50?! How many accounts do you have?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

They obviously don't track duplicates...

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I certainly will - but I don't want to miss out on the super-rare UO thing... they might do another newsletter... someday...

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

No where near that many...

It takes 10 to hold the town buildings. I think 5+ e-mails in 22 days is a bit overboard! That's about one every four days...

8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It only cancels the Pogo offers. You will still receive UO mailings.

9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Nice to know. They will be shut off today. :)

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I can verify that too. I turned off my pogo a long time ago and still get the UO emails :)