1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Calculation for Dragon Breath Damage?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by athlon, Feb 8, 2009.

1. athlon

athlon Guest

Is it based on how high the HP are (higher the HP the more damage, so a 2000 HP greater dragon does more damage than a 1500 HP greater dragon) or is it based on percentage of HP left out of max?

I was looking to ask this in FOF, but i cant find link to ask the developers, figured someone on here may know.
  2. % of HP left out of max.

For some reason, tamed Greater Dragon's FB is bugged - instead of the 10% of current HP used for every other fire-breathing monster in the game (as far as I can tell, and this INCLUDES wild GDs), you get 20% of current HP.

Basically, despite halving your GD's HPs upon taming, your GD's breath weapon remains unchanged in damage from when it was wild.

I figure it to be 20% due to numerous uses, checked against resistances, and related to currentl level of damage to greater. 10% comes from experience with regular dragons, wild GDs, hell hounds, and nightmares.
  3. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 7, 2008
    Then you apply your fire resists

By HP, I mean of course the remaining hitpoints.
  4. Shaydow

Shaydow Guest

Taken from the UO Town Hall Meeting – Chicago 2008

The Balance Pass:

Will likely be pushed as a publish in early 2009, prior to the release of Stygian Abyss.

Greater Dragon fire breath will be nerfed for balance. It is much too powerful as is.
  5. athlon

athlon Guest

Thanks all!

This may put HP's up as being as important or maybe more important than resists.

A 1k HP dragon would do about 200 damage to a mongbat then!
  6. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 9, 2008
    lol, well at least you are racking up the 30 gold or whatever it is these days per mongbat. :p
  7. HP is important, but so are resists. FB doesn't happen all THAT often anyway, does it? Sometimes its twice in 10 seconds, sometimes its once in 20 seconds.

Resists, however, are checked very often, and can mean the difference between damage you can vet/GH through, and damage that you can't keep up with.

Of course, as always, its always a sliding scale of acceptability, rather than all-or-nothing. You're rarely choosing between average resists at max 1000 hp and perfect resists at average 750 hp, but rather differences in how much above average one is over the other.