1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all guilds :)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Hi everybody....

My time in NEW is coming to an end and i am looking for a guild to join... I am currently bound to PvM untill i reach at least GM in my main skills, I want to PvP once i am trained but enjoy PvM also
    I am a necro swordsman with currently around 80-90 in the following skills

Swords(120) , Tactics(115), Anat(115), Parry(115), Necro(120), SS(115) Iaim to get to the above as soon as i can and play almost every night, I live in the UK so would be nice to join a guild where i will be online with other members.

Revised template due to advice from seasond players!

if i go
    120 mellee
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    105 necro
    100 SS
    100 Tactics

this leaves me 40 points remaining to put wherever, i hear spellweaving is good so may give this a try!
    anyone interested in having me as a member?

2. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Who are you in NEW? Just curious... :)

3. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Newbified by both name and nature at the moment :)
    I returned back after a long break and am just finding my feet again :)

4. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Ah ok :) Was just wondering if you were the mysterious slopeho (sloppy ho) who stays logged in 24/7 but no one has ever spoken to or seen :)

5. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Please look into Gilfane then.
    http://www.gilfane.com/

Sounds like youd be a good match.
    We do PVM and also have some that PVP.
    We also have many that play from the UK ;) .
    Welcome to Siege Perilous

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

MYTH/TnT are looking for quality new players. Stop by our Guild Forum or drop me an ICQ.

Kat #220-571-153

7. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Embedded AccaDacca youtube? Sign me up! lol

(I still have 3 weeks to go, so no hurry here :) )

8. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Heh.. Drop me an ICQ! :thumbsup:

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

Said this is another thread but you definitly don't need anatomy on this char because you dont have healing, its like a lesser tactics.

If you like parry and what it brings, take bushido.

You get

-the ability to heal on the run, for a lot.
    -the ability to parry spells
    -lightning strike ability
    -ride a hiryu if you like

Plus no one in pvp uses and sword and a shield, you really want that free hand open for potions, bushdio gives you the ability to parry with a one handed weapon just as well as nonbushido users with shields.

also I would ride a hiryu, and keep necro at 105, thats all you need for everything except revenents which you wouldnt caste because your riding a hiryu.

10. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

:)

I've only been playing Siege for a week so far and in NEW too, so it's all training, training, training at the mo.

That said, I've seen 4-5 people "graduate" and most seem to go to GIL with, I think, 1 going to CWS. Not seen anyone go to TnT or TDO or whoever else there may be, so far.

This may change as there are a few, shall we say, less than savory characters training now :)

11. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Oooooh! Evildoers! My kinda people! Keep training and when you're ready, give us a yell. :spider:

12. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not all of us can be "good.":D

13. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Everything you have said is spot on Cash! i am changing my template tonight and will work Bushido up to RoT this very night! i will have to buy a hiryu but i like the idea of being able to ride one, can you control them also or just ride?

i really do like parry, always have so the ability to do it with a free hand is very appealing to me! i just didn't know what bushido was all about because of how long i was out of the game but from the other thread i have taken this on board and will be training bushido!

Thanks for all your help.
    Newbified.

14. Nickster

Nickster Guest

ha! i9 wasted 20 mins trying to chat to sloppy ho! never got a sigle response! i don't know who they are but i think i hate them....

15. Nickster

Nickster Guest

what skill level do you need to be in order to ride a hiryu and can you control them also (i.e all kill) or is it literally just riding that you get?

16. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Its around 90ish, but youll wana go 120 eventually.

17. Nickster

Nickster Guest

thanks man

18. archite666

archite666 Guest

Yes basicly at 90 you can ride a lesser hiryu and control it but the chance to control is based on bushido so its very hard.

Get bushido to 120 for sure.

the more bushido you have, the higher your chance to parry with a one handed weapons, you dont use shields with bushido. You can get to 35% with 120 bushido and parry, also dont forget parry requires 80 dex.

120 bushido gives you
    -90%ish chance to control hiryu
    -20% chance that your lightning strike will crit
    -heal 30 points of damage with confidence
    -the ability to use evasion which you will block most spells cast at you for like 8 seconds.
    -counter attack, always fun when fighting dexxers or monsters
    - the final two abilities, momentum strike and honorable execution arnt that useful

Now you could use a bokuto with FC1 and with your 80 dex it wouldnt really need ssi, maybe 10 at best.

You could then nerve strike, lightning stike people alot along with all the nice necro things.

Not to mention you would have, spirit speak, confidence and pots for healing, very nice!

19. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Follow what everyone said about Bushido.

If you're looking for a guild, check the guild sticky posts at the top of the forums - they'll give you an idea as to most of the active guilds here on Siege. Try and find one that fits your personality the best.

Keep in mind most guilds and alliances here have both a PVM and PVP component to it, so do not let that be the deciding factor. Factors you should look at are do you want to be good or evil, do you want to roleplay, do you know people or have friends in current guilds, and so forth. You can also talk with Shalimar, she's a good neutral party to help guide you as to what guilds might fit you best, but also do your homework and talk with various guild leaders/guild members.

20. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What Bruin said,

Also, you should try and visit some of the guilds' websites and read their rules and maybe try doing some hunts or running with them a couple of times to see if their loot rules are ok with you and you like the way they work. . .

21. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Oh yea...Counterstrike is hilarious!!!

Imagine being chased by a Moving shot archer with a war fork...counterstrike and disarm engaged...then disarming said archer from half a screen away!!!

22. archite666

archite666 Guest

nickster if you use uoassist and ventrilo, id be willing to train you, you wouldnt have to be guilded but id show ya the ropes.

23. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I guess Cash's PVP school didnt learn the part where a necro is very mana intense but whatever...

If that is what you really want to play run the templates like this...

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    120 Necro
    120 SS
    120 Med
    120 Tactics

Now witht the template above I would run 50 enhance potions, good LMC and try to get your hands on a good Bokuto... You don't need parry... just heal with Confidence on the run, Spirit Speak, and Potions... Only downside is if you get mana vamped...

Now if you get tired of getting constantly mana vamped run the template below... This template however would require about MR 9 on items and 40 LMC and may be something you may want to try later on down the road when you have more gold and items saved up.

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    105 Necro
    120 SS
    90 Tactics
    100 Resist
    65 Med

Again a necro is very mana intense.... Try to find a good Bokuto ideal mods would be.

FC1
    Hit lightning 40 or more
    SSI 20 or more
    Hit Lower defense 40 or more
    HCI 10 or more

Also try out the special on the bokuto called Fient if you are not familiar with it you will fall in love... A lot of people over look it and don't understand how good it is. It will save your ass when getting ganked. And pretty much make anyone trying to fight you solo useless.

I hope I was able to help you. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

24. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Also for your stats

Run the following stats.

100 Strength (50 Ehance Potions will put you at 131Strength, 136 if you eat a rose petal of trinsic.

30 Dex ( 61 with 50 Enace Potions

125 Int( you will need the int this high for a good mana pool

I would also be a human for the jack of all trades bonus and that is 20 skill points in every skill. They points will now show up in your skill list but you do have them trust me.

Also have a player with the skill Inscriptions to craft you some teleport scrolls because the downside of your template is dismount and you will need these scroll to help you reach a safe place and mount an etherial.