1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Camping Guide

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Fink, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Hallows.

I've made a guide - more an essay really - on the Camping skill. I've roughly cobbled it together in html-ese for public viewing. I'll no doubt want to revise it a few times, but I'm sick of looking at it and it's 2am for pity's sake. Anyway, it's here if you're morbidly curious (or, like me, curiously morbid):

Fink's Camping Guidebook

I'd appreciate any critique from people within and without the Camping community. I need both experienced eyes and a newb's point of view as to readability, clarity, and so on. Excuse me a moment.

:coco:

Better. Right, yes.. feedback sought, thanks in advance. Be brutal if you must because I'm going to fling it at UHall like angry monkey poop, and they're picky about the quality of their monkey poop there.:talktothehand:

2. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Very easy to read, comprehensive and well written.

Makes me want to take up camping lol. Are you going to submit to stratics?

Well done Fink.

3. Fink

Fink Guest

Think I'll upload it to Stratics when things settle down, or some other place where I can maintain it it. You know, in case they suddenly & wildly revamp the skill and I need to edit the info. I'll be ready to pounce like a tiger.

There wasn't a Camping forum, but I might link/sticky it from UO Beggar when I get back in business as it sort of goes with the lifestyle (can't believe I didn't list Begging as a complimentary skill, now I think about it).

I have some stuff in the works for Herding as I noticed there was no guide for it. This Camping thing started as just a skill log and a few random notes but quickly blew out to a decent sized essay, have a feeling Herding will follow suit. I'll probably document all the orphaned UO skills by the time I'm done.

The big news, for me anyway, is I've been scooped up by a game development team who are turning out an MMORPG. I'm chiseling away at the 3D statics for them (everything from rocks to high architecture at this point :eek:), plus I have a day job, so I'll be pretty busy this year.

I've had a head full of UO notes for these sorts of documentation. I'll offload that in essay form and recoup some brain power to focus on this new game. So yeah, good news for all you budding camping-herding-itemIDing weirdos.

4. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Giggles

Good guide there.

5. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Reads well. You might want to add to it that you can't use camping in fel dungeons (I have tried, insta logging a stealther in despise would be very helpful lol, but alas...)

6. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Very good read and useful
    Now I suppose you can be "Camp"umm:bowdown:

7. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Well written and very clever!

I am almost tempted to go make a camper :danceb:

8. Fink

Fink Guest

I remembered something like that and meant to test it soon, but you've saved me doing the legwork, cheers. :thumbsup:

Updated the link, shows a raw listing of the skill guide, gain journal, and a wish list.

9. von Beck

von Beck Guest

Thanks for the guide Fink. I tried using camping in a T2A Champ spawn area and it didn't work so I assumed it was broken. But your guide has restored my faith! I'll try it out somewhere else tonight.

10. Sneaky Que

Stratics Veteran

Yeh camping and fel dungeons (inc. t2a) is a no go.

11. Kevlar

Kevlar Guest

You might want to add some notes re: pets ie: can you be riding a pet and logout thiis way? Can you logout with a pet (packhorse etc.)? Can you logout this way on a boat?

On a side note I remember, before skills could be set to go up or down, certain individuals would light fires at banks and everyone would gain in camping which meant that if you had hit your skill cap and had GMed one or more skills you would lose your GM and gain in camping - very annoying!

12. Sneaky Que

Stratics Veteran

not as anoying as people who train music or spirit speak at banks...

"Anh Mi Sah Ko"
    "Anh Mi Sah Ko"
    "Anh Mi Sah Ko"
    "Anh Mi Sah Ko"
    "Anh Mi Sah Ko"

13. Fink

Fink Guest

Yup, covered ships.. packy/pet are basically the same as logging at an inn, but I'll make a note of pointing those out, thanks.

14. von Beck

von Beck Guest

15. Fink

Fink Guest

Thanks.. :D

I best get to it soon and finish up.

16. I use to love camping, I could not get the guide to come up however...not sure what the issue is but I am just getting a page that looks like this -

[​IMG]

17. Fink

Fink Guest

Yup, that's it, just a raw list of the html files. I'm going to format & polish stuff when I nail down the content, that's a temporary thing. I've been meaning to finish this off but I'm working two jobs at the moment, so I've been slack with gaming stuff.

I've been meaning to do a web guide to my vendors, too, as there's a few of them now. Same deal, though, between my day job and night job I'm short of time & I need my unwinding time.

18. No worries life tends to run away with the best of us - I was just making sure there was not something wrong with my browser and I was definitely in the right place.

19. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Guide seems to have gone already? :(

20. Fink

Fink Guest

21. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thank ye kindly.

22. How did I miss news of these items...I am yet to see them do I have to buy any special items to use/have them?

Great Guide by the way fink...I can see my gypsey making a comeback.

23. LOL NVM if I actually read properly I would have seen

YOU SO GOT MY HOPES UP