1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can a 'Buddy' account place or accept a house?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aurelius, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Or are they treated completely as 'new' young accounts, and blocked from house ownership?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

A buddy account is simply a "referred" account. It will act just as a new account with all of the current restrictions.

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Well not quite, since it's been paid for..... normal 'new' accounts can be created for free.

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Did you buy a buddy code off of UOGameCodes for $9.99 or are you considering it? I thought these sorts of codes would give you a 30 day trial period and could accept housing, but I'm not certain of it. Hopefully Chrissay will chime in here.

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Friend of mine's considering it, since I suggested it would be useful for something he's planning - but thinking it through, it wasn't quite clear if it would mean the person getting the code could place or have a house transferred to them - so asking here seemed a good move ;)

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Paid account or not, the rules seem to be the same. I've tried it with the 7ae buddy codes and it was restricted.

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Thanks for that - I feared it might be the case, but wanted to be sure...