1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can any character use the forged metal of artifacts tool?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by DJAd, Jan 15, 2013.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Do I need any particular crafting skill on a toon to use this? It's 100% success so I think not. Just want to check.

PS - how about adding a "reforging" preflex to this section?

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Any character can enhance with the tool, but you need the minimum skill level to work with the material. For example this is 99 Tailoring for barbed leather or 100 carpentry for frostwood. I cankt remember if there is a min smithy skill for ingot types. I know there is a min mining requirement to harvest certain colored ingots.

I would try to copy your char to TC and see if you have the correct option to enhance.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Smith (and tinker) is 65 for Dull Copper, +5 for each step higher in metal type. It's the same numbers as for mining, except that I think you can mine Valorite at 99, but have to be 100 to enhance with it.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks guys. Yes I need tailor to enhance a leather armour part from testing on TC1.