1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

CAn anyone make "moving" sigs?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sir Ha-ward, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

I got something in mind, but need a sig artiste

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The problem is file size. When you make an animated gif, you have to duplicate each frame that will change. The smoother the animation/transition, the more frames you need. The new slight sig size limit increase makes doing animations easier, but they are best limited to things such as flashing eyes, gems, light beams, etc. where you don't need a whole lot of different frames to create the effect.

If you recall Feyre's "happy fun" sig, with the stick figure drawings, that was super cute but as limited as it was, I think he barely got it under the old sig size limit, but he kept his canvas area pretty small so it worked. Same on the one he made for someone else with the giant foot that stomps the stick figure.

-Skylark

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Here is an example I have on hand. This was back when Mr. Stinky fancied himself a Jedi orc. *rolls eyes*

[​IMG]

I think as it is, it is right at the limit, maybe a bit over, and I really compressed it down from the original draft.

-Skylark

4. meeb miss dat ash!!!

5. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have made them but my photobucket is down till 19th. Someone linked one of my files and used up all 25gig of down load in 2 days [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Swear I didnt do it...

7. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have one sig that is over 3 meg. It happen to me once before.This time I didn't change the file name when i got the warning