1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Cannons hit Serpents, Elements, Kraken etc

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DVDA, Apr 24, 2011.

1. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I have yet to purchase the High Seas pack but I was curious about the cannons on these ships...

Can they hit Sea Serpents, Elements etc or can they only do damage to other ships?

I ask because my current Fisherman sucks, he has:

100 Magery
    100 Med
    100 Fishing
    100 Alchemy
    100 Poisoning
    100 Cooking
    100 Hiding

These skills are terrible vs Serpents, Water Elements and such, therefore I was thinking of swapping skills (soulstone) with my other characters and going with:

120 Healing
    120 Fishing
    120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 (Dont Know Yet)

However, I wouldnt do this if I can defend myself vs creatures with Cannon fire
  2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

sounds like fun if you could. A group could have a deep water net casting party any time.
  3. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 5, 2002
    Serpents and Water Elementals are easy to kill. By the time ya got the cannon ready you could have killed it lol.

Not sure if the cannon works tho against those critters
  4. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Regardless if they are easy to kill, I am curious if they can be hit with cannons
  5. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 23, 2008
    My fisher only has ~85 magery (with jewelry), and with a snake slayer spellbook, I'm able to kill the sea serpents with two to three spells. Since my fisher is sort of a crafter/ skill bank, the character is pretty mediocre, but I'm still able to get the SOS bottles and maps I pull up on serpents. I would suggest that rather than trying the expensive cannon route, get cheap snake slayer and water elemental spellbooks.
  6. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 20, 2010
    As far as i know , the only critter that you can fight with cannons atm is scalis.
  7. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

May 28, 2003
    My fisher is a mage with bandage healing and kills sea serpents & water elementals with ease.

Cast Protection on your character and then cast the fast spells Fireball & Lightning at the monsters. The Protection spell makes it less likely your spells will fizzle if the monsters spells hit you while your prepping a spell.

The debuffing spells the serpents tend to cast are weakened if you have magic resist.

Cannonfire will kill trolls & ettins on shore. I don't recall if I was firing cannonballs or grapeshot when I tried it back when High Seas was released.
  8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
  9. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

stone hiding add 80 ie and then you have 20 fishing left over. Then get a book like people say it's a cake walk
  10. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Or get a Vollem (Either Crystal or Golem) and train it up some. Requires no Taming, and can easily kill just about anything you come across on the ocean, besides Pirate Ships, Scalis, Leviathans and Krakens. Trained Crystal Vollems can kill Krakens with some healing, but Golem Vollems can't be healed by spells.
  11. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 3, 2007
    Just step to the middle of your boat and the serpent spells will all fizzle. This is if you have the new boats. You can still hit them with your mage spells from there.
  12. Ravenleader

Ravenleader Visitor

Apr 25, 2011
    Whenever I go fishing with my Mage/Fisher I simply cast "Summon Fire Elemental" and command him to "Guard Me". Anything attacks me the Elemental begins to protect causing the enemy to focus on him leaving my Mage free to cast offensive spells at will. Most of the time the Fire Elemental will simply kill the enemy by itself.
  13. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie

Dec 7, 2004
    If i remember right, i think i may have done some cannon testing and i seem to remember them working against land targets.. hooray for shore bombardment! i havent done that since.. ultima.. 4?