1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can customer service remove an upgrade?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shelleybean, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm curious if anyone has requested this successfully. I would like to remove a particular upgrade on one of my accounts. I'm not asking for a refund. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance

2. TheMac

TheMac Guest

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've been fishing a lot of mibs up for white nets recently and I can't tell you how much easier it would be to not also fish up the new fish.

That's the only reason I could think of to wanting to 'remove an expansion'. :p

But I doubt it can be done.

4. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

This is exactly my reason. I guess I'll have to work fishing on an account that hasn't been upgraded. Rats.

5. If only there were a slection gump like the mining shovels. That would easily solve the problem.

6. Babble

Babble Guest

Because there is normally no reason for that, well maybe if you get a superior he might do that .. I still doubt it.

Chances are you rather get a second update for free if you complain enough
    :p

7. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I just got off the phone with EA Customer Service.after a half hour waiting while the CS guy checked into the chances of removing High Seas from my main accounts. Because UO is such an old game, an upgrade, once inflicted on your account, can't be removed. You are stuck with it.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet I've bought my last addition to the game for my main accounts unless I try it on a sacrifical lamb account to find out if I want to subject my main accounts to it.

Provided of course I leave the main accounts open. Not really crazy about putting all the money into getting two replacement accounts up to what I had prior to High Seas and sinking the thousand hours into rebuilding all my characters.

8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Good suggestion! :)

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Frankly, that would be even worse.

As inconvenient as the new fish are, the fact that the old fish are currently NOT STACKING (nor do fish steaks made from them), would be even a bigger detriment to fishing.

10. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

>>Because UO is such an old game, an upgrade, once inflicted on your account, can't be removed
    for some reason,I just don't believe that.If acct management cant be changed, more likely
    it's lack of having knowledgeable employees. Maybe there's no software removal tool, but If it can be Added to your acct, it can be removed

ah, maybe it's a storage issue?
    I say flush the skill & move on to what's left.

Why do people keep playing when all it does is frustrate them like this??

11. Babble

Babble Guest

Heck what computer game customer service employee would you really trust to give the power to remove upgrades?

And normal people don't ask that as the game must really really suck if people ask for that

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I soon won't be. I've removed the billing info on my two accounts. Ones gone in a couple weeks, the other in about ten. I released or set the contents of my store to 'anyone' and took it down to a foundation dumping most of the junk under the sign. I've promised to pass on the house, so they have the ten weeks to find a new owner.

Putting up with the taint of AoS all these years was bad enough, High Sea's bull on top of it has finished off any desire to play this imposter of Ultima Online any longer.

I am out of here.

13. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Customer Service is lucky they can breathe on their own...period...

14. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Confused, Shel... why don't you just drop em on deck if you don't want the fish? Let them rot at EoD or grab a char w/a Horde Minion vacuum cleaner to clean deck - and incidentally sell the fish if you don't want them?

15. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to turn into a complaint. I cut the fish into fishsteaks. I just thought if I could remove the upgrade, then I could go back to fishing like I used to.

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

What is the difference that is causing you a problem? Apart from catching different fish, I'm not really aware of any major difference in actual fishing.
    What am I not seeing?

17. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

The new fish weigh 10 stones each and there are a lot of fish. But this was a complaint made by several players when the booster was released and as far as I know, a developer never gave a reason why the fish needed to weigh so much.