1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Can elemental damage stack - using a runic hammer

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by anvira, Jun 24, 2011.

1. anvira

anvira Guest

When I make a weapon from a runic (and say it has 80 Energy damage on it), can I enhance it with Copper (which should provide the additional 20 to make it 100%).

Is that how it works or am I completely confused??

Ok - just tested this, found that I had made one with 50, enhanced it with Copper, it only went to 60?

Does anyone know why it didn't give the 20 it would seem that it should?

Edit : Ok I discovered that If you use an ancient hammer, the enhance goes up!

Sorry for the ramble, sometimes working it out here works better (and maybe a place I can refer to next week when I forget! LOL)
    Thanks for your comments, they're really appreciated :)
  2. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 5, 2009
    Using an ancient hammer will improve your chance to succeed on the enhance, but not the properties gained by enhancing. I suspect your weapon was 10% physical, 50% energy, 40% other prior to enhancing. This would result in a 60% energy, 40% other weapon after enhancing with Copper.
  3. anvira

anvira Guest

So basically what I'm looking for is something like around 80/90 energy (in order to enhance to the 100) right?
  4. Hudson[]

Hudson[] Guest

Yes but you have to make sure that the remaining 10 or 20% is physical. Enhancing only replaces physical, not other elemental types.