1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Can fishing get stuck?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Rowdydude, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Rowdydude

Rowdydude Guest

i have been at 65 for the last 3 days not even getting my ggs

fishing from shore and docks my understanding is you fish deep water at 75

any thought

i have checked my skills
    i change the skill it was drawing from
    i dropped it to 64.5 and regained the last .5 back to 65

Thanks

2. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran

You probably just need to move out a little closer to deep water. I'm pretty sure that at the levels closer to deep water fishing that you won't gain from being on shore anymore. Try getting a ship and going out from shore one tile at a time until you get a gain.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You could also try to fish from docks that reach deep(er) water. Zento and New Magincia are fine.

4. Rowdydude

Rowdydude Guest

Thanks for the help

I got my boat and simply moved one tile away from the shore at a time until i gained then fished that strip i am at 77 now and fishing deep water

thanks again

5. Jonah-Fla

Jonah-Fla Guest

Get a "Crystal Ball of Knowledge" and put it in your back pack and turn it on.

When your fishing watch to get the message "optimal", thats when you gain skill points.

Even at 65 if you go deep water fishing (more then 15 tiles away from land) you will suceed at times and get the .1 gains

It took me about a week of casual fishing (6 to 8 hours per day) to go from 30 to 100

I used uoassist to help me so I did not have to click the mouse a million times :)

Just my 2 cents

6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Casual Fishing, 6 to 8 hrs. a day? LOL

7. Jonah-Fla

Jonah-Fla Guest

Yes, Casual, I did it while at work :)