1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can Housing Teleport Tiles Be Dyed?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by unified, Mar 1, 2011.

1. unified

unified Guest

I purchased a few of the housing teleport tiles from UOGameCodes, and I think they are fantastic. One major problem I have with them is that there is no way to tell their set destination. They all look alike and you can't dye them to aid in identifying their destination.

Is this the same case with the tiles offered as vet rewards. I have two unused vet rewards and I'd rather have those tiles since you don't have to recharge them. But I am more interested in dying them so that I can tell their destination.

2. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've been thinking about the teleport tiles being dyeable for the past 3 days or so. It would really be nice if we could dye them. I am using tile sets to get to different parts of the castle and now I have runes locked down on my tiles to remind me where they go.

There is a House of Commons meeting this evening. I will add a question about dyed teleport tiles to Fayled's thread. Maybe they will answer or at least see the request and perhaps add it to the UO to-do list.

BlissMarie

3. unified

unified Guest

Thanks, BlissMarie.

Your idea of using runes is fantastic. I will use this as well until a better method is provided. :)

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I made some statuettes with masonry in different colors then I've engraved it... but I remember that few months after adding the house teleporter the devs said that they want to add an engraving tool for it... but they forget about this :(

5. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I hadn't heard that before, Pinco. That would be nice!
    Maybe they will get to it before too long.

6. unified

unified Guest

I remember someone else mentioning this some time ago, Pinco. Still hasn't happened. If the tiles could be dyed, then it would make for an easier solution for friends of my houses, etc. Example, if one of my houses had red steps, then that tile could be red.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes, colored teleporter would help a lot to recognize where you are going :)

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yeah we use the stone statues and engrave them. Works pretty well.