1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can I gimp my bonding process?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by this guy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. this guy

this guy Guest

If I have an animal in the stables waiting to bond, and I take it earlier than 1 week and feed it, will that gimp the bonding process in any way? I'm waiting to bond a pet and I got it last Monday, but I'm worried about messing this up cause I don't want to wait another week.

2. can't speed it up. You will have to wait the seven days to the minute. I've never had a problem if I feed my pets early, but I've read that some people had the 7-day timer reset.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there is no point in feeding it again till after the timer runs out all you would do is have a chance to have to start over

4. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

I've never had a problem with using a pet to hunt with or what not while going through the bonding process but others swear it will gimp the process. If you are not affraid to lose your new pet to a permenant dirt nap go for it if it is something that would be hard to replace leave it in the stables for the seven days...

5. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The times where friends have had their timer reset for bonding were the ones that didnt have the real skill and used skill enhancers. The only thing we can think of is that they died or unequipped the items and went lower than they needed to be to own the pet.

I have never heard of one not bonding in time if it was real skill involved. I have even had pets bond that were never stabled...i had a throw away cu that i used to hunt with and didnt mind if i lost it. I just logged out on top of it and after the set days fred it again and it bonded.

6. this guy

this guy Guest

Eh, what's what more day, right? If anything, UO teaches patience. It teaches to live with disappointment (a little less now than in the days without insurance, but still) buuuut, I'm still not so good with the disappointment and I'd rather wait than lose this pet. Plus I named it after my g/f and if she finds out I let it die for good, she'll probably kick my a$$ :p